adding 'friends'' to profiles on other websites..

More
13 years 4 months ago #17100 by max2
tonight I received a request on a popular website (not this one sorry) to allow a relative on SOH's side to join my group as a friend.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't worry, but we don't hear from this person on any basis, my SOH is alienated from that side of the family, and it would have taken considerable searching for the family member to find my profile as its under my maiden name and not married surname.... and its MINE, not ours. SOH says stuff em.

so I thought I would open this debate to a poll. We haven't had one for a while eh... cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255063 by Isla
Can you get rid of them again if you change your mind? I've never had enough time or the inclination to figure out how those networks work. If anyone wants to find me, it's hardly difficult!

More
13 years 4 months ago #255073 by Andrea1
Ditto Isla. I simply can't be bothered. There aren't enough hours in a day, and I already spend too much time on the computer.

Andrea
Oxford

More
13 years 4 months ago #255087 by Stu_R
Swaggie ... i guess it depends on the site ... um like yahoo messenger or msn .. you can delete them from your friends list, but that doesnt mean they delete you, so they still know your on , but you can block them i guess :) ... one would have to wonder why they spent all that effort to track you down though... if SOH is not good with that part of family, i would tend to agre with him .. stuff em :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #255089 by beedee
I remain confused about such things, and so I just delete any... would you like to be my friend ...messages that come my way... and then poof its gone and I have no idea who wanted my friendship.. which really is a non event these days, and they never try again, so it must have been very superficial in the first place.

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #255108 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic adding 'friends'' to profiles on other websites..
There's not an option for never been in that situation! ;D

If there's doubt don't add them, if you decide to you can 'un' friend them :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #255128 by sod
Why not get in touch some other way maybe chance to mend a bridge before to late as my late mother did

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 4 months ago #255210 by max2

sod;233708 wrote: Why not get in touch some other way maybe chance to mend a bridge before to late as my late mother did

some time ago we allowed the person to be a ''friend'' on SOH's oldfriends profile, and never heard anything from it. having borne the brunt of the abuse that was dealt out at the time, I am reluctant to take it further.

Sometimes in life you cannot change (fix) things that are in the past, and sometimes its a good idea not to even try.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255212 by max2
I have answered my own question really.....:rolleyes:

More
13 years 4 months ago #255260 by DiDi
Yes I get asked on another site but I never add anyone unless they are family or people I know well. On this site, I have just not gone there - no real reason - just that I come on the site to read the forum mainly and know that I have my info out there if any member wants to contact me - and welcome too - but day to day - I just don't do the "friends" thingie. If I need you, I know how to get in contact with you (PM or email) and you me.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255314 by beedee
Yes having a chat with thyself out loud [click of keyboard there] can put one on the right track often... I bet it was just a slip of the click mouse that the person invited you .. so dont lose sleep over their maybe trying to restore things.. [heehee]

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds