Biomag - Magnetic Underlays etc

More
13 years 4 months ago #17096 by Catfan
Just wondering if anyone has a biomag underlay or something similar, and if so do they work? My folks are looking at buying one, but don't want to shell out the cash if they ain't any good. I've google searched and the general concensus seems to be that they work for some people, but not for others, so I guess you wouldn't know until you actually tried one. Would be interested to see if anyone on this forum has used them though and what you think??

Yorkie Lass. A "herdlet" of alpacas, a clowder of cats & a few clucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sams01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #254971 by Dream Weaver
We have had a Bio Mag for years now. Have always found it great, and wouldn't be without it. There are always conflicting advice when this is brought up. Some like me swear by them, others don't like them. I know years back when we brought ours, there was a 30 day money back gaurentee so if thats still the way it would be good for your parents to try it and see how they get on.

More
13 years 4 months ago #254973 by Kiwismum
I have had one for years.

It is one of those things that you don't think does any good until you go away and have to be without it. I will always have one from now on and will take it away with me if possible.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/
The following user(s) said Thank You: usbiomag

More
13 years 4 months ago #254977 by ronnie

smilie;233544 wrote: I know years back when we brought ours, there was a 30 day money back gaurentee so if thats still the way it would be good for your parents to try it and see how they get on.

According to all their advertising blurb the Biomag brand certainly does have a money back guarantee. Can't remember if it is 30 or 60 days, but certainly makes buying one of these a bit easier - if you don't like it/has no benefit, you can return it.

More
13 years 4 months ago #254981 by Organix
Tried a magnetic underlay that we bought through Trade Me - not BioMag but an Australian equivalent.

The first couple of night had both of us having vivid and sometimes disturbing dreams. Took it off after a few days and the dreams stopped. Back on and they started again. After 4-6 weeks of this we opted for the 100 day money back return and the supplier did us a trade on a non-magnetic wooly underlay, and refunded freight.

Very impressed with the service and with the current underlay but guess the magnetic thing just wasn't for us so would suggest going for guaranteed deals for first timers.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 4 months ago #254988 by Kiwi303
can't help from the magnetic side. But I used to sell Kirbys before I moved, and part of the sales demonstration was to vacuum the bed to show the particles of dead skin, dust mites and dust mite crap that comes out of a mattress.

Bio-mag and copycat brand magnetic underlays were the absolute worst for holding that sort of stuff. and since dust mite crap is a major contributor to night-time asthma attacks and other allergies including skin allergies and rashes. However good magnetic therapy may be for the bones and so on, I don;t think it's worth the exposure to the dust mite droppings if you have any family history of asthma or skin allergies.

if you google "Dust Mite" and "allergies" and just stick to the reputable sites such as the US Asthma society, you'll find enough to give an asthmatic nightmares. So I would reccommend if they use an inhaler or have a history of allergies, don't get a magnetic underlay, if they want magnetic therapy, get some magnetic bracelets instead...

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 4 months ago #254995 by Organix

Kiwi303;233561 wrote: ..... if they want magnetic therapy, get some magnetic bracelets instead...

Had similar advice from our naturopath who maintains that magnetic devices are great for stimulating blood flow in selected areas but spending 8 hours a day in a whole body magnetic zone is not a good idea. Also the polarity of the magnets is important and when mag underlays are sold as reversable for summer/winter you have to wonder....??

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 4 months ago #255000 by Huggiechook
Sorry to be negative - but Snake-oil is the term that comes to mind!
"Works for some people and not others" - is code for any effects can be attributed to solely Placebo!
I guess the best cost/benefit would be to buy a good anti-alergenic and washable (against mites) underlay and tell your parrents that space age high tech super-conducting magnetic fibres were woven into the fabric. The placebo effect and your parents believe will do the rest for you. - all for the fraction of the price.

(probably gonna get flamed for this but could not help myself)

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #255001 by Birman Babe
Hubby got given one for Xmas; bearing in mind that he has major back/neck problems & has has surgery. Unfortunately, it didnt make any difference to his sleeping problems..

More
13 years 4 months ago #255011 by DiDi
Bought one for my elderley Mother years ago - Bio mag not the Aussie one - and she had the vivid dreams but worst of all head spins when she got up to go to the loo. Fit and healthy (apart from arthritis) at the time I might add. As for returning - it was a nightmare as when I purchased it, I said over and over again that it was a Christmas present so wouldn't be used before then. Try arguing that when they insisted the trial period started when I bought it. I won eventually by demanding to speak to the General Manager. As I said, this was a few years ago so hopefully, they have cleaned up their return policy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255050 by Catfan
Thanks for the replies guys. Must admit most of them have put me off! It is quite a lot to pay for something that may or may not work. It was mum that was wondering about them (dad probably wouldn't have known anything about it until one suddenly appeared on the bed!). Neither of them are particularly guillible and I just wonder if they had one they would both spend the nights wide awake wondering when the miracle was gonna kick in!! Mum did say that instead of a magnetic underlay she might just look at getting a really good comfortable wool underlay or something - and I might invest in a couple of magnetic bracelets for them as well! :D

Yorkie Lass. A "herdlet" of alpacas, a clowder of cats & a few clucks.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255064 by Hintzashouse
Magnetic therapy for animals is one of the areas I am involved in. I have seen many animals lives ( Cats, dogs and horses ) improved out of sight with the use of a magnetic device and have their owners words to prove it. Luckily, animals don't know of the placebo effect.:) Catfan if you want to pm me I am more than happy to have an email chat to you as I also deal with the human stuff as well.
HH

More
13 years 4 months ago #255084 by Hestia
We got one 3-4 years ago. Hubbie had migrain, high blood pressure, back pains, too high cholesterol. the biomag did do nothing to him.
Since we got the biomag he developed cancer at eosophagus and lost 30 kilos of weight,,his headaches and migrain and back pain and high cholesterol is gone,,but that is becasue of all his weight he lost. the biomag,,we got rid of it,, it felt like a curse.
Also I could feel the magnetics thru the wool and had to shift when I felt them thru hipbone or backbone.

More
13 years 4 months ago #255124 by Huggiechook

Hintzashouse;233641 wrote: ...Luckily, animals don't know of the placebo effect....
HH

They will however notice the increased attention and TLC they get with any kind of therapy - comes to the same effect

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #255152 by Hintzashouse
Well I guess Huggiechook, we'll just have to differ in our opinons.
HH

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds