Dead DVD player

More
15 years 4 months ago #17084 by beedee
Dead DVD player was created by beedee
Ive only used it for about 6 DVDs since my daughter gave it to me about 4yrs ago.. only to find it wont go at all and a DVD is still inside.. one that I thought Id watch the other night but fell asleep instead.. so is there a way I can get into the coffee holder part.. dont care if the machine gets busted.. in the process.. not that the DVD is that great, just wind in the willows.. was only trying to have an entertaining laugh. but thought Id try to retrieve.. heck I might have to get swallowed up by the get 50% off circulars going around in the mailbox right now.
I never really worked out how to work the machine thats why I am happy for the euthanasia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #254841 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Dead DVD player
There is a wee pin hole just below the disc cover possibly on the right side push a paper clip in there and it should open :D

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
15 years 4 months ago #254873 by wino
Replied by wino on topic Dead DVD player
Ours has an intermittant "won't go at all" problem. When under warranty it spent some time in the repairmans playing DVDs quite happily and he eventually suggested we come and get it back as he couldn't make it not go.

Unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in fixes it, for no good reason we can find. Worth a try if you haven't done that already.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
15 years 4 months ago #254874 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Dead DVD player
Thanks.. no it didnt even have a pin hole so I got out the screw driver and operated .. now have the DVD back and the rest can go into the neighbours wheelie bin.. will make sure the next one has that hole and a PLAY button on the remote

More
15 years 4 months ago #254881 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Dead DVD player
:) beedee :) lol the mighty screwdriver , almost as good as a gas axe :) screwdriver's, gas axe's and chainsaw's are wonderful things :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #254883 by beedee
Did that several times.. then shook it, tried a different plug etc etc
I truly am silently pleased that it died..All I want is sumfink that has an ON and a PLAY and an OFF button with a bit of whhiirring in between.

More
15 years 4 months ago #254927 by bev
Replied by bev on topic Dead DVD player
BeeDee. was in the big red shed yesterday, and they have dvd players for 39.99
Brought one for the bedroom, and it goes well. and with everything there it has 12months warrenty.

More
15 years 4 months ago #254967 by devan
Replied by devan on topic Dead DVD player
Yep Bev and if its anything like the last 2 i brought from there, it will die about a month out of warrenty [;)]

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

More
15 years 4 months ago #255008 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Dead DVD player
:) devan .. but $39.99 for a year of DVD is better than the ZERO dvd players i have at the moment :) .. i dont mind if stuff dies or doesnt last that long if i paid bugger all for it in the first place :) .. to my mind :) "i gets what i paid for" :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
15 years 4 months ago #255069 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Dead DVD player
Remember to get one with a rewind button, so you leave the DVD ready for the next time you watch it.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
15 years 4 months ago #255096 by beedee
wooo hooo..Bev.. I saw one for 10x that price, but balked.. seems what I does wants aint made!!!!!
First it has to be silver.. I am fed up fumbling black on black buttons in dark rooms [mainly hospital tv's] and a remote that has an obvious on/play/stop buttons.. then I was hoping for one that would burn a DVD to DVD but could only find a video >>>DVD burner.. then it seemed worthwhile to have one that did record TV programmes since I work most evenings/nights and it seems they have harddrives or sumfink, and many options of how big.. what I did find out.. is that N.L is the same as B'n B but why they have shops next to each other and different prices on the same items is a mystery.. also they seem to employ know nuffink but pretend to know everything shop assistants.. so dragging my poor arthritic disabled nephew to the second lot of shops to decipher the funny numbers and letters with no google interpretations meant I went to briscoes and bought another milk jug instead, while they had them in stock..
wyseyes... I have tried to watch this funny wind in the willows 4 x times and havent got past the first 5mins as I fall asleep, so rewind isnt a problem..I thought they all had a system of carrying on where one left off... oh dear its getting harder every minute.. I did look for the pin hole next to the coffee cup holder, but none of them had that either..
Ohh heck maybe I shall wait until they make them pink and match my cell ph.
I upset one guy calling a simple DVD player a toasty oven, as we couldnt open it and found out it had to be plugged in and on before the lid opened.. great for a power cut moment.
then there was sumfink with a blue jaw or some colour system that I was assured to keep well away from.. so we left and I wasnt sure if I was part of the Flintstones or Jetsons cartoons.
so the SIL will have to keep copying the DVDs for me, and I still dont get to see the movie.
My puter burns CDs but not DVDs as the daughter told me at the time that I could use hers, then she went overseas!!!! and the support group I run I want to copy techno DVDs for the members.

More
15 years 4 months ago #255103 by moonshiner
Replied by moonshiner on topic Dead DVD player
Hey beedee would it be feasible to buy a DVD player/burner for your 'puter and use that for for your DVD burning requirements.

If you have a graphics card with AV output, or S video you could then use to play DVDs on ur TV, depending of course if ur puter is anywhere near ur TV, the ideal solution if you had a laptop :)

~

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

More
15 years 4 months ago #255116 by beedee
Yes mine is a laptop. just got to work out what umbilical cords Id need as I dont have any white yellow red cord holes for the TV part.. nor know what a graphics card or s video is.. I shall have to find the instruction booklet.. oh dear my wants arent as simple as me afterall!!!!

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds