Good honest service

More
15 years 1 month ago #17028 by skyline_glenn
Just got a call from the hay contractor that cut and baled our hay in January. It seems we over paid him by $50. Wife was sure she counted the money a couple of times and I even asked if he was sure. We paid part by cheque as just got the neighbour who brought half to write cheque straight to contractor and part by cash.
Its good to see honest business people out there.
I think the saying what goes around comes around has just reared its head as yesterday I went to and elderly laidies house to paint a flashing I had put on for her last month. She had asked if I could paint it as I was leaving after I had replaced it, I said I will do it when I was next passing buy after getting some paint from our yard. She came out as I was leaving with a bottle of wine and wouldn't let me leave untill I had accepted it, then tried giving me $20 for petrol money. I told her I wasn't going to take her money and that I said I would paint it for her and was no hassle(it took 10mins) She is a dear old lady, must be at least 85yrs old with a heart of gold.

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #253999 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Good honest service
It is so good to hear something positive that brings a smile

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 1 month ago #254122 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Good honest service
that's great glenn, we need more people like you, and your hay contractor. nice one. there's nothing worse than being or feeling ripped off for a job you pay money for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
15 years 1 month ago #254129 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Good honest service
There is a coffee shop in Matamata - I went there a while a go for a coffee (suprise suprise!) ordered my coffee and went to pay by eftpos. Sorry - they said - we don't have eftpos.
Bugger thinks me.Blow me down but the offer was............

That's OK just pay next time you come in!!! [:0] [:0] I told them that I very rarely went to Matamata but that didn't seem to bother them. [:0] I ended up looking for an ATM machine, paid for my coffee and bickie and told them to keep the change!!
I asked them if they made a habit of this and they said they do it occassionally so I asked them if people actually did come back and pay and yup, usually! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds