Lazy Saturday

More
13 years 4 months ago #16979 by reggit
Lazy Saturday was created by reggit
Every time I go outside it rains and the wind gets up. I have nothing really to do inside as all too unfinished to need cleaning! Hubby is away all day, so for once I have a lazy day to do nothing in and feel (relatively) guiltfree!

So far have read: Weekend Herald, Waikato Times, skimmed through Growing Today (arrived this morning) and NZGardener (arrived yesterday) and about to start another book. Might even throw in a nap if the mood takes me [;)]

Had so many cups of tea I slosh when I move, so best I stay put camped on the bed with its view of the animals :D

Who else is having a lazy day in this inclement weather?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #253414 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Lazy Saturday
I've just come in from the shed where i have given up drilling bits of metal... the current warehouse drill press where a normal drill is clamped in a device is simply to flimsy and inaccurate... so I need to get a proper bench drill press. :D what a nice excuse :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 4 months ago #253418 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Lazy Saturday
Wish it could have been a bit lazier, but spent several hours driving around collecting things (chooks - finally got some more Dorking pullets! - chaff, lunch, dinner...), and now home to get things in order before the next downpour comes along. When it rains it POURS! Had 70mm in about 28 hours here.

Andrea
Oxford

More
13 years 4 months ago #253422 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Lazy Saturday
I've fed the chooks and watched Jeeves and Wooster for about three hours. I'm hot and bothered and have a sore eye (pterigium) Like a callous on the eye... I know it starts with Pt... well anyway, today it is being rather tiresome. Unlike you Tigger, there is plenty to do inside but I wouldn't know where to start... still not got that wall sorted out so everything is still in a mess and inciting cabin fever. No matter where you go, there is a dog or cat to trip over and Bria is making rude smells... which is just bareable if the sliding door is open but when it starts raining, the rain blows straight in so the door must be closed.

It's stopped raining for the moment so both dogs are chained up outside with a bone each. They've been toiling away out there for about an hour and nary a woof out of either. YAY!!!

I may have to go and rest my eye which means the rest of me will have to have a lie down too.

Yakut

More
13 years 4 months ago #253425 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Lazy Saturday
:) lazy saturdayt afternoon here to now :) .. went out to Olive grove, checked me sheepies this morning, mowed 2 groves ( befor the rain came pelting down again).. came home thought i should tidy up a bit.. vaccumed the floors, Ki is shedding her summer coat , so vaccum was waste of time now :( lol ... sitting back now and deciding what to make for dinner .. lol and the weather is ok now to lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #253441 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Lazy Saturday
Yeah having one here too, BD is home for the afternoon before he has to go off again and he is supervising MD in the garage.
I've got a big pan of chicken curry bubbling away, and now I'm wasting time on here.

More
13 years 4 months ago #253461 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Lazy Saturday
Ran a couple of errands this morning, had a row with Mr Man about the remainder of what to move from the farm house (Sundays read JUNK, Mr Man read GOLD) haha, checked and fed out everyone, cleaned house and.......picked up some $1 DVDs and blobbed since 3pm! Just waiting for tea to cook and Country Calendar to come on.
Sundays :)

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds