A satisfying senior moment

More
14 years 7 months ago #1696 by reggit
A very self-important college student attending a recent rugby game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to
him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear.

"The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with DSL, light-speed processing....."

When the student paused to take another drink of beer, the senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said,"you're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young.....so we
invented them.

"Now, you arrogant little sh*t , what are you doing for the
next generation?"

The applause was resounding...

[}:)]:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
14 years 7 months ago #63584 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A satisfying senior moment
Oooh That's good! ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #63588 by sod
Replied by sod on topic A satisfying senior moment
I like it[8D] now if I can just remember it when needed. :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
14 years 7 months ago #63613 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic A satisfying senior moment
read about young people saying that they wanted old people to stay away from facebook, young people think that all they use today is young stuff developed for them!
and then I read some stupid thing about that people aged 60 -70 use the pc a lot.
people age 60-70 did develope what we have today so it is not strange that people age 60-70 use it today!
it was more strange if you said that people that age used it in 1995!

More
14 years 7 months ago #63662 by Dream Weaver
Love it.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds