I just had a crappy pants moment ...

More
13 years 4 months ago #16955 by Louise W
Riding Reilly (4 year old stallion) around his paddock in my dressage saddle and nice long stirrups (my trainer would be pleased with me) and decided to mix things up a little and let him pop down the wee bank into the gully. Said bank is all of about 60cm and I assumed that he would just pop down into it but no, not Reilly! He decided that clearly he was facing the Burghley bank and fair leapt down at which point I threw away the reins, saw my life flash before my eyes and then grabbed what little mane I could find (I cut it all off yday) as he proceeded to ping up the 1m+ bank on the other side!!!

The good news is that I stayed on and regained complete control within a few strides but the bad news is that I now need new jods [:0] and think my xc riding days are over :rolleyes: [:I]

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #253019 by devan
YEEEE HARRRRR you go girl! Don't that just make you wanna go and do a x country course? :D

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

• chooky
13 years 4 months ago #253024 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic I just had a crappy pants moment ...

Ride em cowgirl[:0][:0]

More
13 years 4 months ago #253033 by oskatd
He he, can totally relate - I have one who does just the same.... Buy black jods!

More
13 years 4 months ago #253034 by terralee
or brown:):):) go on Lou admit it ... ya LOVED it:):):)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 4 months ago #253050 by Stu_R
:) :) your probably soooo right to terralee :) lol

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #253057 by DiDi
Full marks for staying on! Entry level XC Lou - ha ha - and you passed with flying xxx - well so what? Hang in there girl - the future beckons.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds