My Poor Cat Chelsea

More
13 years 4 months ago #16919 by Dream Weaver
Had to get the vet out on Friday. Noticed in the morning that my cat Chelsea had her left eye shut and it was a dribbly gunky mess, when trying to open it, it just looked like blood. Vet came and at first thought she had had a hemmorage (sp). On looking closer with a light, she noticed a wee tear in her eye. She thinks it could have been from a claw of one of the other cats and it had begun an infection, with a wee abcess looking thing. Chelsea is now 14 years old, she has one wicked personality, and alot of charactor. We have 2 other cats here, one is nearly 14 and a grumpy thing although very affectionate, the other is a young 4 year old. Chelsea is not normally a fighter, though is definately the top of the pecking order. None of the cats seem to fight alot though but I am guessing it was the other older one who has gotten a good shot in Chelseas eye.
Anyway she has 2 lots of eye drops. 1 to keep the pupil dialated so when the scar tissue heals she can dialate her pupil properly. The other is an antibiotic drop she has to have several times daily.
Vet came out this morning to check again. She is still hopefull that it will heal, although she was expecting it to look better than it was. She told me we will just monitor her and she is coming back again on Thursday to check it again. Worse case scenario is Chelsea will have to have her eye removed if it doesn't heal. Awwwwwww my poor Chels. I have got everything possable crossed that it will heal and she wont have to have the eye removed. She isn't a happy girl at the moment and every time I come near her she hunches up in anticipation of more of those awful drops.
So can you all send her some healing vibes lol she is going to need it. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #252423 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Sending them your way as we speak! Keeping everything crossed including me eyes! :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #252424 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Aww bless ya MM, thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago #252425 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Healing vibes sent! What a lovely name for a cat. Never heard of one called Chelsea before.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252427 by Dream Weaver
Thanks DiDi. We got her from the animal protection league when she was a tiny tot, there was another cat there whos name was Chelsea and I really liked it. Chelsea suits her name, she is a kind of "Posh" cat when she wants to be. We have had many cats but by far she stands out as the most personality and spunk. Shes that one in a million and I just would so hate to have her lose her eye. Vet said they cope very well but aw it would be real sad.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252436 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Hope she comes right Smilie.
We've got a heifer called Chelsea-her mother is called Sugar ;-)

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252439 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Poor Chelsea, i hope she keeps her eye smilie..cats are such a worry at times....my boy monkey (hubby named him) is a rouge and is always coming home with scrtaches and chunks missing...thank goodness he is a tough little bugger so costs us nothing at the vets..just lots of cuddles and a good wash..he is a huge softee with us just a killer out there in the big wide world. i hope she feels better soon, how long before you will know, you said the vet is back on Thurs...will he know then if she needs it removing..
Any herbel remedies that may help?? I know she is infected but with the whole healing part?? worth a try, all i know is that Arnica is good for healing, but not surei f that is bruising..i gave it to precious after she lambed...worked really well :)
Let us know how she goes....possitive vibes heading your way and crossing everything for her....

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 4 months ago #252448 by Dream Weaver
Thanks everyone. Yes vet is coming back Thursday, she is just wonderful, told me not to stress yet, and to just hope that it heals. Not sure how long she will wait to make a decision.
Chelsea has been a wonderful cat, she is in retirement now ha ha although always follows me out into the paddock, the goats are scared of her lol She is always the one who runs to greet us when we arrive home from being out to. she does seem abit happier in herself. Vet gave me some stuff to give her for pain and yes i am using Arnica and rescue remedy on her.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252454 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Healing on the way !!!
No, dont stress, keep positive and I am sure the eye will be fine.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252506 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Ow, poor Chelsea!

I wish healing vibes for her (and you)!

More
13 years 4 months ago #252544 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Sending positive thoughts Chelseas way. Awwwww she's the one who Tonks looks like?
Well theres another two days before the vet checks her again so hopefully the drops and stuff will have worked their magic by then, still time for things to turn around and improve.

Allllll the best

Yakut

More
13 years 4 months ago #252546 by bev
Replied by bev on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
good luck Smilie, and Chelsea.
Im sure she will be fine, after all the way all your animals are treated, i wouldnt want to leave either, i told you when i die im getting re-carnated as one of your animals.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252547 by kate
Replied by kate on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Fingers crossed here for you and Chelsea...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

• chooky
13 years 4 months ago #252554 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
How is Chelsea this morning Smilie ? On the mend I hope :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #252559 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic My Poor Cat Chelsea
Sending get better vibes from all of us:):):) ESPECIALLY ... *Tickle My* ... she is my one eyed cat and she has been like that since she was 2 years old 6 years old now[:0] and she is just fine her whiskers on her missing eye side are sooooo long as if to compensate quite hard case really... SO if worst comes to worst just know thaT Chelsea will cope very very well with just one eye:)
Here she is at the back of the other two ... you can see her one eye peering at you[}:)][;)][;)][;)]

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds