Dressmaker - Rodney District or Auckland

More
13 years 4 months ago #16903 by sundaysbest
Hey guys,
Just throwing this out there as my dressmaker to be seems to be exceptionally busy and I'm not too keen to wait "more" this has been going on for months... so... do you know of a good dressmaker in Rodney or Auckland area who does wedding dresses...???
Many thanks,
Sundays x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252281 by kathken
so you're getting married then??
did i miss something??

i had one in kumeu, but unfortunately she's moved out of the area....sorry i dont know where. she did some alterations to my wedding dress a couple of years ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 4 months ago #252283 by Kiwi303
what happened to the traditional "Mum and her sewing machine"?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 4 months ago #252295 by Istrian
There's a lady called Anita that has a little shop called twostitch on the main rd in Henderson shopping centre. She does a lot of dressmaking, alterations etc & I know she has made wedding dresses. She has been dressmaking for many years. I think her phone number is in the book but if you are interested I can get it for you. Just let me know.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252324 by sundaysbest
KK - I've been engaged for four years now - so yes, about time!
And K303 Daughter follows in Mum's foot steps - definately not sewer's this bunch!!!
Thanks Istrian - I will look her up. Many thanks,
Sundays

More
13 years 4 months ago #252340 by Kiwismum
I am sure there are lots of them about really, and a wedding dress is really just a dress with twiddly bits on it. I made my own and spent several hours(OK many) hand sewing on the beads and things onto the lace.

Wasn't that hard just time consuming.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #252342 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Dressmaker - Rodney District or Auckland

Kiwi303;230581 wrote: what happened to the traditional "Mum and her sewing machine"?

Bloody hell if my mum had made my dress it would have fell apart at the altar! :D :D And that would have been doing well to get that far!![;)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #252367 by Kiwi303

maggies mum;230648 wrote: Bloody hell if my mum had made my dress it would have fell apart at the altar! :D :D And that would have been doing well to get that far!![;)]

The male half of the audience would likely to have been appreciative :P BarnDweller would have had to blacken a few of the more lecherous eyes tho :P

Good luck getting the dress you want Sundays.

Mum packed up her wedding dress after the wedding, and stored it away safely for her daughters to use, but one is too tall and the other is too wide :P

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 4 months ago #252433 by kathken

sundaysbest;230630 wrote: KK - I've been engaged for four years now - so yes, about time!
And K303 Daughter follows in Mum's foot steps - definately not sewer's this bunch!!!
Thanks Istrian - I will look her up. Many thanks,
Sundays

good on ya SB. Congrats.

i can beat that though. we were engaged for 16 years before we finally got married. good things take time i guess... :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 4 months ago #252460 by sundaysbest

kathken;230748 wrote:

i can beat that though. we were engaged for 16 years before we finally got married. good things take time i guess... :D

That is good to hear cause mannnn I'm sick of future MIL bleating about "longest engagement ever" - heck I feel like I just got started! haha

Sundays :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #252471 by Finn McCool
Hey Kathken we've been engaged for 16 yrs also, still not married, too many other things to spend our money on.

Sundays I may know of someone in Woodhill which may be a bit closer for you, she does do dressmaking but I'm not sure about wedding dresses. I tried ringing her this evening but she wasn't home so I'll check tomorrow if you like.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252548 by bev
Smilie are you reading this?????
See im not the only one thats in no hurry to wear a dress errr get married

More
13 years 4 months ago #252580 by sundaysbest
Hi Finn

That would be great - thank you.
Woodhill is MUCH closer than Auckland to me - so yes please.
What I want is not really a "wedding" dress - it's a big diff, so many thanks, info appreciated if she's open to it.

Cheers

More
13 years 4 months ago #252649 by NZ Appaloosas
Sundays, what I did for my wedding dress was to look thru' the costume section of McCalls, etc., for a pattern I liked. I too did not want the "traditional" wedding dress but still wanted something "fancy"--ended up with a Victorian style dress, of white satin and gold lace overlay, with some modifications (shorter sleeves, longer train, bit more "open" front to show more of the satin), which was perfect since we had an outdoor wedding, on our farm, with hubby in black tux, gold-n-black brocade vest, black cowboy boots and black cowboy hat. Worked out great.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 4 months ago #252653 by sundaysbest
Cool - we are thinking of getting married at home now - as it's much more chilled out... and I can wear the dress/heels that I want... as Raro in the sand will be hard in heels! haha

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds