Flies in House - Mortein/Raid products

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #16849 by LouiseL
Hi there

When in the supermarket I keep on meaning to buy the plug-in fly/insect sprayer stuff.

Can anyone advise if they have found them good. Do you need them in different sections of the house or does one work fine?

Cheers
Louise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251437 by bridgierapa
[don't know if it's too late to edit but here goes...] I have a robocan, not a plug in. (!! Misread!) I have one in the dining room: we had a fly circus in there, about 50 flies always going round and round in one area, for no reason I could see.

I ended up getting the natural spray, can't remember who makes it - but what I'm noticing is that you actually use far less of that stuff than we were using when we sprayed the room once a day. I notice fewer flies in the rest of the house as well. Don't totally eradicate from house, but the kitchen/dining area is now absolutely fine.

And also: found a dead huhu bug on the verandah outside the open dining room doors! Yay! Christmas bonus! I'm a convert, but wouldn't use them all year round. :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251439 by devan
The plug in jobos only last 10 days and are quite expensive. Get one of those automatic spray jobs, i have the warehouse one and it works a treat. You need to put it in a room with good airflow eg- mine is in my kitchen on top of the pantry, the back door is off the kitchen so the breeze blows it through the whole house pretty much, tho it is less effective at the far end of the house. You can set how often it sprays and set it for day or night or both. Oh and for mozzies just 1 of the old plug in jobs are good and they last 45 nights

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #251458 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Flies in House - Mortein/Raid products
The raid (was robocan) automatic ones are the best by miles! Tried just about every othr thing on the market!

A good back up system to those is a mad Foxie that eats flies and a new kitten that's copying him! :D

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251478 by Seaside
We have a long thin house and we have a robocan (now called something else) either end. We always know when the can has run out because all of a sudden, the flies start swarming! Definitely makes a big difference.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251485 by Castle Peak
Does anyone with allergies (asthma, allergic rhinitis etc) use these? Have they reacted to them or not?

• maggies mum
15 years 2 weeks ago #251500 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Flies in House - Mortein/Raid products
Seaside Robocan is now Raid :D

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251509 by BillyTheTractor

maggies mum;229738 wrote: Seaside Robocan is now Raid :D

I agree this is the best!
We have one in the kitchen / dining area and another in our bedroom. The only time we're aware of it is when it runs out and immediately there are a gazillion flies around!

Wee Farm

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251510 by Andrea1
We used to use the enviromist one, but the re-fills are harder to find and more expensive, so recently switched to the raid one (used to be robocan). It ran out 2 days before the last heatwave, and there we were sweating, cranky and surrounded by hundreds of flies. YUCK. Got the refill and bye-bye flies (but it was pretty gross sweeping up all those dead ones, which mostly died overnight, and hearing them buzzing their last on the windowledges...). We also only use it in the fly season, and my husband is an allergy and asthma sufferer of many years and has not been troubled by them. This is our 4th year using them.

Andrea
Oxford

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251513 by kathken
agree totally.
we recently bought the raid automatic/robocan. we bought 2, one for upstairs and one downstairs.

they do work a treat.
i am also asthmatic, hayfever etc etc, and i have not been affected by them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251571 by Beltie
So do they repel them or kill them or a bit of both? I would love some magic product that made them never want to come into the house!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251579 by Andrea1
I think they may do a bit of both, because when our raid thingie is working, there are hardly any in the house and we don't find many dead on the window ledges. When it's not working, we are inundated with flies.

Andrea
Oxford

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251587 by Seaside

maggies mum;229738 wrote: Seaside Robocan is now Raid :D

Oh yeah. The millions they've spent re-branding was obviously wasted on me [:I]

We get the pyrethrum only one. Pyrethrum is a natural insecticide produced by crythansthumums (sp!!!) I believe, and both repels and kills insects. Will kill both bad (flies, aphids) and good (bees, ladybirds, spiders) bugs.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251611 by sundaysbest
To anyone who has one of those automatic sprayers - that go off every 30mins or whatever with a little pssst spray into the room - have you noticed your ceiling getting discoloured or anything like that??? From the continual spray?
Sundays

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #251617 by devan
Nope not at all. I painted my ceilings about 6 months ago and no discolouration yet

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing,and then they marry him.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds