Help! My screen's gone blue!

More
13 years 4 months ago #16803 by hilldweller
All was fine this morning, went out for a bit leaving computer on, came back and there's this blue-ish tinge over everything i.e. stuff that should be white is pale blue, stuff that should be green is blue-green. It's hurting my eyes :( Anyone had this problem before or know what I could do to fix it? TIA

hilldweller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #250753 by NZ Appaloosas
I had that happen once, it was a colour chip that blew. Cheapest/easiest way to fix it was a new monitor, but then my computer/monitor was still under warranty.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 4 months ago #250763 by Kiwi303
Yup, had it happen twice, monitors were garbage after that. you may be able to use the display driver colour balancing functions to change the RGB to something useable until you get a new monitor...

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 4 months ago #250771 by ame
Replied by ame on topic Help! My screen's gone blue!
Looks like your red gun has gone (if it's a CRT monitor) or the red pixel driver if it's an LCD.

First thing to do is check that the monitor cable is securely plugged into the monitor port on the PC.

If it's not under warranty you might be up for a new monitor, but it might be worth calling around for estimates to repair. Check www.pricespy.co.nz for a fairly comprehensive list of models, suppliers and prices, or maybe you'll get something good on TradeMe.

A

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds