Computer question... Update

More
13 years 6 months ago #250772 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Computer question... Update
I used the link Wyseyes gave as well without incident.....:o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #250793 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Computer question... Update
Finally - I have done it! I have been doing all these checks without doing it via safe mode, for starters. This afternoon I downloaded a program (not in safe mode) called SUPERantispyware (that I got from a reputable site) and then ran it in Safe mode and it has taken out 17 spyware sites. Awesome!

I also have found a way to boot into safe mode in Vista (without hitting F8 on startup) that is quick and simple so yell if you want the method.

Put it this way - I could not have opened this site without a "Doubleclick" warning and I was fed up and determined to beat the buggars. So now the test comes. Can Windows Vista built in Protection, AVG 8, Malwarebytes and SUPERspyware keep me clean?

The only weird thing is that there was a message on the screen when I came back saying "screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D" Say what? More homework. My whole desktotop has changed as well but I am not complaining - it is what I had and enjoy looking at. Time will tell! Any comments from those who think I have lost the plot? :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds