McLeod's Daughters

More
13 years 4 months ago #16764 by DiDi
McLeod's Daughters was created by DiDi
Ok . It is incredibly obvious that this thread slows down on the night that McLoed's daughters is on so fez up you lot - who watches it?

I do - which I discovered meant that next week is the final ever.

Don't know about anyone else but I love the simplicity of the program. I don't want to watch Heros with characters having gunge dripping off their faces. I'm definitely not into Sci Fi and have found myself looking at less and less TV. I don't have Sky and will not be getting it so what is happening out there as we crawl home of an evening and historically slump in front of the telly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #250304 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic McLeod's Daughters
Well no. Actually I was out getting into some cows. Literally. [;)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #250307 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic McLeod's Daughters
Is that tv program? If its still light when it goes to air then I would be outside.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #250329 by sod
Replied by sod on topic McLeod's Daughters
No to light plus to much same old BUT may watch last one ever.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 4 months ago #250335 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic McLeod's Daughters
What does one watch? DVD's and Videos! Tonight was Disneys 'Aladdin' with Robin Williams as the voice of the Genie.

Tuesday was 'The long long trailer' (again) with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez.
Very funny! Ummmm, last night was Jeeves and Wooster, Yay! and we just finished re watching Mapp and Lucia.

I get so pissed off with the reiteration of parts of the programme you've been watching. I saw it just before the ad break and they want to fill us in just in case we have the memories of fruit flies? Jeeeze!

There are so many programmes on cooking, losing weight, or long winded serials that have been on for what seems like years. The good stuff is on late at night. The one weight loss programme that I have found intriguing is 'Fat men can't hunt' which was on very very late last night.
A bunch of overweight Brits living with a bushman tribe and trying to eat what they eat and live how they live. The bushmen have a very low BMI index, I think it's something like 10% as opposed to the Brits which are well over 40% The Dr's had trouble finding anything to measure on the bushmen. Their calipers had very little to go on.

They spend so much energy finding food and it's all natural, straight from the land. They know how to find food and water and travel about building huts as they go.

I usually only get to see a small portion of it cos I have usually got myself up and ready to get the goats sorted by then.....

Get ye to the red shed on a DVD specials day sale and get a few cheapo movies. I got Blue Murder at St Trinians (the old version) and a few other movies for under $5 each over a few weeks. Slowly you build up your wee collection until you have so many that you can find something to watch that you haven't seen for a while.

I couldn't get into Mc Leods, it wasn't too bad at the start but then they seemed to find a new love interest for one of them every week. There was less and less about Drovers and more and more 'chic flick material'

Yakut

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #250338 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic McLeod's Daughters
I've been watching it since we've been here, but they should have ended it last season, this one has been dreadful, haven't botheredwith half of them. The stories lines have been just pure daft, flicked onto it last night and they were singing!! For gawds sake!
Used to love it, and Grace couldn't act her way out of a paper bag!

Will watch the last one however...the way the story lines have been going they'll all die like in the last Dysentry.......ooops I mean Dynasty!

More
13 years 4 months ago #250352 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic McLeod's Daughters
Used to love it but stopped watching when Jodie left and that should of been when they ended the series. This season looked like rubbish. MM, I agree, Grace is just awful, she should get a job on Shortland Street, she would fit right in.

I saw one episode (or part of) this season where some guy was on a bridge with a bomb and they did all these crazy camera movements to try and make it more exciting, it just made me cringe.

Anyway Didi, to answer your question, no I am not away watching McLeod's Daughters at that time, I have a new nearly favourite programme which is on at the same time, Criminal Minds :) or I am out watering my garden and forgetting C M's is on!

More
13 years 4 months ago #250363 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic McLeod's Daughters
well Didi, i watch it. have watched every series. i admit it's not as good as it used to be with the original characters, but i still like it. stevie is good.
it's a bit naff however, when it gets all happy and a couple FINALLY get together, then one of them dies or leaves. huff. why cant someone just live happily ever after. but that's soaps i guess.
will definately be watching the final.

incidentally - simmone mckinnon who plays stevie, was really gutted when they canned the programme, as she bought a farm in that area to live there, and now she's got no income.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 4 months ago #250370 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic McLeod's Daughters
Don't watch it. I used to see a bit when my teens were keen on it, but, when the resident teen was doing the flick flick flick through the channels last we saw the singing bit :(
After that she just went flick flick and missed that channel out altogether.

In our house the only thing we like to watch is Outrageous Fortune

* resident teen has ripped ligaments off her ankle and is going nuts sitting on couch. She's an outdoors girl and this enforced torture of dvds, video games and reading is not pleasant for any of us :(

Strange how much you've got to know, Before you know how little you know.

More
13 years 4 months ago #250379 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic McLeod's Daughters
Ha ha - I agree if has become naff and if there is something more pressing to do, I don't miss it. I was out spraying gorse on the hill faces yesterday so was totally not into any more physical work for the day. Just needed to blob!

Drifter - ouch for your teen. Hope she gets better soon.

More
13 years 4 months ago #250381 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic McLeod's Daughters
come on its great..where else could a farm keep one vet in full time employment...they always have animals down, injured poisoned, starving or just depressed They must also keep the entire police force in employment investigating deathes/murders/ cattle rustling and other assorted crimes..and a dedicated doctor for all the "accidents".

God knows how a farm like that could actually support the number of offspring of the randy Mcleods where do they get or these sisters and cousins what was going on in those days...... maybe they should have a prequel (?) How Mcleod got so many daughters ..........

You also have to admire they way throw sacks of feed and seed around...like its just ...well polystyrene (?) hhhmmmm

Now the riding is just something else......notice how the horses change from a raging stallion to a quiet hack, whens it is finally sorted by some miraculous cure, sometimes its almost the same colour.
However I must admit whats her name"s eventor Annie was very nice looking horse ... although the story line of that one was a bit far fetched?

More
13 years 4 months ago #250382 by sod
Drifter so sorry for you all:(:) that just sucks.

Louimay have to agree with you CM is good so far hope it can keep it up I have even been knowen to record it:D

Kindajojo come on no tv or much else todo:rolleyes::confused:

More
13 years 4 months ago #250418 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic McLeod's Daughters
I watched and enjoyed the first season but haven't seen it since.....I think a character left and I got the pip.....a N.Z. character....freckly girl???

More
13 years 4 months ago #250546 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic McLeod's Daughters
I never watched the early seasons, but I have been a loyal "customer" the last two seasons and it's the final next week - what in heck will I do with my Thursday nights now :( :( haha... seriously, it's my one night in, Mr Man always out at pub or working that night, so it's my night to cook whatever I like, if I can be bothered, crack a bottle of savvy or red and get into square eye mode!!!
I just watch it to see the horses mainly, but then got suckered into the "story" too....
Stevie so needs a new man!!!
Sundays

More
13 years 4 months ago #251772 by sod
It's tonight isn't it, the last one ever will have to watch criminal minds or this and record other:confused::confused:lifes hard:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds