Amy started school...

More
13 years 6 months ago #249878 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Amy started school...
Aw she looks just gorgeous, enjoy it Lou it passes in a heart beat. The doing homework and being part of their school life is great, plus all those slightly jumbled up tales of what they did today :D
Kiss your Saturday Morning lie ins goodbye when sports start [:0]

Cate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #249879 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Amy started school...
Nice one, Lou, my one and only started in the second term last year. This morning I was well happy to drop him off, as the holidays have been a nightmare, trying to find childcare whilst working. But normality returns today - phew! Back to riding with the girls on friday with no worries about finding someone to look after the kids.

More
13 years 6 months ago #249882 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Amy started school...
Louise I have only ever heard good things about Opaki "country type school"she will be great. Of course Nick is checking it all out Daddys Have to look after their girls:rolleyes: :D

Our daughter we took to kindergarten she got out of car through gate and gone:rolleyes: had to be called back do the kiss n good bye thing[;)] been the same eversinceHA HA

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #249885 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Amy started school...
Louimay, he will be fine. It might take him a wee while to get used to the new routine, but he will soon make friends. I can guarantee that he won't be the only shy one in the class, the new entrants teachers my kids have had have always been marvellous at bringing them out of their shells.

Roy would LOVE to join a sword club, that will have to wait until high school. He did KakaHaka for a couple of years at his old school, but our new school is more sports orientated, and he's been in the soccer, basketball and rugby teams. It has helped him with his social network - and helped us to get to know other parents also. He's going to be an All Black, you know ;)

Here's Roy enjoying KapaHaka and Arty's first day at school.

Attached files
File Attachment:

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 6 months ago #249894 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Amy started school...
Oh Lou ... Amy is so beautiful :D :D :D ..(Still reckon she looks like her you:confused:[;)])... must be hard cos she is the one and only (2 legged in any case[;)]) This thread made me feel so so OLD :(
My first baby started school in 1977:eek: ... hehehehehe and my 2nd and last baby in 1982 Arghhhhhhhhh I *AM* old[xx(]
Oh well off to the old peoples' home soon for me then:rolleyes:
Amy is so blessed to have you and Nick as Mum and Dad .. she will do well whatever she chooses.[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 6 months ago #249932 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Amy started school...
stunning photos - love the new hair too!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 6 months ago #249933 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Amy started school...
1977 was a good year to start school Leonie [;)]

Glad you like the new 'do' eelcat - It's a school special - nice and short so mummy does not have to spend 10 minutes every morning putting in plaits/pigtails/ponytail.

Love the Kapahaka photo. Performing Arts is awesome for kids with confidence issues - I'm a real believer in the power of music/dance/drama but, as a drama teacher, I guess I should be [;)]

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 6 months ago #249938 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Amy started school...
My goodness - I can't believe how big Amy has grown....and going to school!!!! I remember when we first heard that she was on the way [:I]

She's a real stunner Lou and a credit to you and Nick :D :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #249945 by flyingfeathers
Aww she's so cute, no doubt she'll settle in to routine and school life fast :D

My youngest starts school today, he doesn't look big enough as his uniform shorts are nearly down to his ankles and t shirt is down around his knees ! ! [:0] They also start swimming 4 days a week next week, that'll knock him for six, is Amy swimming at all this term ?

Tomorrow he's also got to negotiate two school buses home, good job he's got two older siblings to show him the ropes or not :rolleyes:

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

• Toni - Northland
13 years 6 months ago #249964 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Amy started school...
Talk about feeling old, my eldest grandson started college yesterday. He was most unimpressed with the Roman Sandals and was only one of 3 that were wearing them, so today he has gone in socks and black shoes.[xx(] Too hot for that nonsense. He looked really smart in his uniform and of course we all had to go and get the photos etc. His little sister was trying to get our attention and we all told her that today wasn't about her. It would be soon enough. The next thing will be going in to get photos of him in his tux for the school ball. Oh dear oh dear oh dear, where is that fountain of youth.

More
13 years 6 months ago #249968 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Amy started school...
Geez Lou, she looks a stunner! Has dad got the ring gun handy for all her prospective boyfriends??
So grown up so soon............

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 6 months ago #250501 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Amy started school...
I can't believe its been 5 years already!

Terralee, you're not old. Two of ours have finished their degrees and the third is starting his second degree this year (can't get work in his field of choice, so onto back-up plan), so you see, you're not old. ;)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
13 years 5 months ago #252683 by Louimay
Replied by Louimay on topic Amy started school...
How is amy going at school, Louise, now that she has been there a couple of weeks?

Shaemus started yesterday, they do half days for a while at his school. He seems to be loving it. I on the otherhand came home and cried my heart out yesterday and today rattled around the house not knowing what to do with myself. :(

The homework on the first day was cute. His story was "Yuk soup".

More
13 years 5 months ago #252716 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Amy started school...
Awww you poor old softie. Amy is settling into the routine and seems to be doing well. The only thing really concerning me is that she is complaining that school is boring! Already! Eeeek! BUT, she seems to be learning and has homework every night and brings her books and things home so we get to see what she has been doing - seems pretty good to me.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 5 months ago #252728 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Amy started school...
yuk soup? if my soup was yuk I wouldn't be eating it :P sure it wasn't YAK soup? :D lol Hairy Two Spined Himalayan beasties to match the Two Spined Scottish beasties in the other thread :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds