Anyone else having problems posting?

More
13 years 4 months ago #16713 by DiDi
I have replied to two threads here tonight and neither will load. Is it my computer or should we be telling kate? Assuming of course that this one goes on! The last one was reasonable lengthy about green fly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #249752 by Isla
Not so far. Can you tell? :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #249755 by beedee
Isla never has problems.. think you need to keep out of the green fly debate Didi, the heat must be getting to people.
Kate might be helping to clear the heathrow runway or maybe the main route to scotland.. life is pretty cold and snowing over there right now

More
13 years 4 months ago #249757 by Isla
Are you being mean Beedee???? [}:)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #249760 by DiDi
Couldn't resist a final word beedee but having said my bit I will leave it now. I have been kicked off twice tonight as well so I think a call to my ISP is in order.

I download at 4300kps (I think that is what it is) and it appears to be so fast that sometimes I think I confuse the computer jumping back and forth as I change my mind on what I am doing. I'm allowed - it's is a female thing isn't it?

More
13 years 4 months ago #249771 by beedee
Yeah I was,
just being a little smart Isla, ;)
I think of all those little puter doves waiting for the next message, sitting on your telephone wire.. no way would they forget to take the message south..
but after a few hours of needed sleep I have to admit, just lately every now and then mine dont go through and I just think its the puter police saving the world.. and probably like Didi's they are always the best bit of composition or compost, never to be seen again.. my puter doves have to fly to the top of the hill now, but it never seems to happen to anyother forum.. guess I dont send so many messages to those ones.

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #249777 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Anyone else having problems posting?
Before hitting post reply, highlight you text and copy, so if it does fail again you can retry by pasting the text again. Saves all the frustration. I don't seem to have problems posting replies, but I never seem to have much luck posting photos, end up using photobucket, that rarely lets me down

More
13 years 4 months ago #249794 by kathken
can you post photos another way other than using photobucket then?????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 4 months ago #249801 by kate
Just to say that I am here and I haven't had any indications that there are problems...apart from the thick snow around here [;)]

Web Goddess

• maggies mum
13 years 4 months ago #249803 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Anyone else having problems posting?
Yeah when you post reply look for the paper clip in the new windows tool bar, click on that and a new window opens, you can load direst from your computer! It doesn't like photos too big though or it will just fail! When you read other peoples posts and see the little photos that you click on to enlarge, that's what they look like when you do it! Have a go! ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #249871 by DiDi
Hi Kate. I think it is more to do with my ISP so will give them a ring - only I know it will take 20 - 30 minutes and then I won't get someone I can understand because I am partially deaf! Accents are a real problem on the phone.

MM - thanks for the suggestion. It was just sitting there looking at me with the upload signal crawling at snail's pace so I went to Copy and next thing I saw was a no connection page notice. Frustrating. Always seems to happen sometime between 9.30 and 11pm.

More
13 years 4 months ago #249901 by kathken

maggies mum;227866 wrote: Yeah when you post reply look for the paper clip in the new windows tool bar, click on that and a new window opens, you can load direst from your computer! It doesn't like photos too big though or it will just fail! When you read other peoples posts and see the little photos that you click on to enlarge, that's what they look like when you do it! Have a go! ;D

oh thank you MM, i will try that. i cant use photobucket, so this is a good substitute. fanx. will try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
13 years 4 months ago #249906 by DiDi
kathleen - I'm on Vista and have never found a way to post directly from Windows Photo Gallery to LSB so go through a huge process of emailing it to myself (having cut it down to size in WPG program) and when it arrives via email, I then save it to documents and post it from there using the paperclip, browse, locate in documents folder etc.

MM if you are on Vista and can tell me a shorter route, I would be delighted.

More
13 years 4 months ago #249917 by kathken
i am on vista too. that sounds like a drama, but i will try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
13 years 4 months ago #250055 by beedee
Have you made a snowman then Kate???? I have to laugh.. R, who spent Xmas in Norway and went and built several snowmen there, now curses the snow cos its at her back door [slightly, not like LOndon] and wants summer, then in the next sentence talks about going up to scotland for a weekend in the snow.. guess the sleety/snow rain isnt so much fun but the real deep stuff is.
Its far too hot to want to come home yet, so carry on enjoying the winter [if possible]

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds