Getting ahead of ourselves: build update

More
15 years 1 month ago #16568 by reggit
I can now state that we are well ahead of the timetable we originally set for ourselves, and even more so since the outside plaster rendering started 7.30 this morning [:0]

We hadn't intended to do this for a few more months but did want it finished before winter. However, the plasterer has a gap in his workload and wanted to get cracking, and as he has himself and two workers to support, we decided to just get on with it.

I've never seen this process done before so all very interesting. A large truckload of sand (?) has arrived for the plaster mixing, the mixer is going flat out, and looks like they have to wet down the bricks as they go, so thank goodness our tanks are full and we have two of them [;)]

Meanwhile the gib stoppers haven't returned since before Xmas, but not too worried about that, as its given us a chance to get all the skirting and architraves around doors and windows finished, so they can go at their own pace when they finally do get here.

The gib stoppers also have a large plasterboard ceiling to put in our open plan kitchen/dining/living area, so we expect our TV and sofa that are our only nod to electronic entertainment to be turfed out of there into the garage any day now. So our garage will become the cookhouse, Chinese laundry AND living area for a while :D

At this rate we are likely to be going for our cert of compliance within 12 months of starting. Not a bad run, really! :D :D :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #247987 by Pumpkingirl
Brilliant! :D

Will be interested to see just how you get the couch and tv into the garage, are they going to hover above the floor[;)] :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #247997 by reggit
We are considering suspending them from the ceiling and using a ladder to access the sofa [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #248035 by jeannielea
I've heard of swing seats but not swing TVs!!! You could start a new trend!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds