Animal Cruelty

More
13 years 5 months ago #16461 by cantyguy
Animal Cruelty was created by cantyguy
Warning DO NOT watch this if you are liable to get upset. Bl**dy Chinese something needs to be done. Absolutely disgusting and extremely cruel. I couldn't and wouldn't watch it and I've killed hundreds if not thousands of animals over the years.
Please put your voice/signiture to stop this.[:(!]

www.peta.org/feat/chineseFurFarms/index.asp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246644 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Animal Cruelty
I edited the link...... and foolishly watched the video. :( [:(!]
FFS.............. those doing the tasks were meant to be human beings !
The raccoon dog (?) that raised it's head AFTER being skinned......... words fail me. [xx(].................................

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 5 months ago #246662 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Animal Cruelty
While I don't mean to belittle the video, this is from PETA, and they are well known in the US to be less than forthright in their video production...there are people who are trying to get PETA's non-profit (tax) status revoked. They were investigated by the FBI (or at least one of their shelters and some of their employees) because they were advertising as a no-kill shelter, and then turning around, killing and tossing out into a skip any dog that they couldn't be bothered with.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246663 by spoook
I do agree that PETA may not be squeaky clean but...... I don't think they are in to making up the videos .... yet.
This particular one is really......... real. Horrifically so [xx(]
I will be haunted by the skinned animals eyes as it raised it's head for some time, so be warned if you think you may view the clips.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246667 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Animal Cruelty
there was a swiss group that originated one of those videos... and a translator watched and translated the comments... it was a trapper telling a employee of the animals rights movement how to do the skinning of the live animals...

the entire viedo was produced out of a desire to stop fur farming. in actual fact, skinning a live animal is counter productive, it takes longer, a moving animal means more chance of damaging the skin, and live animals bruise the skin, dead dont.

The chinese may not give a rats arse about animal rights, but anything that costs them a dollar, such as downgraded skins is jumped on...

there was the case where greenpeace produced an anti sealing video years back, same basic thing, sealer skins live cute seal cub. years later a grad schoo reasercher tracked down and interviewed the sealer in the vid... why he did it? "Because they paid me so much to do it alive"

it's animal eco terrorist involved in those videos, not fur farmers looking to make a dollar from good skins.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 5 months ago #246677 by JonC
Replied by JonC on topic Animal Cruelty
As I recall, Greenpeace got busted for seal hunting a few years ago. Seems they went up to film baby seals being clubbed to death and skinned out on the ice (very bloody). Got there before the season had begun, lots of baby seals, no hunters. Rather than wait around they clubbed and skinned out a bunch themselves for video only to be cited for hunting without a license and out of season.

Jon

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246683 by spoook
Had to share....... We have chicken breasts for dinner, the skin is the worst part as we all know.
Was not an easy task to skin it without recalling ghastly pictures, at least this does not have a head.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246685 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Animal Cruelty
Poor spoook!

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246832 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Animal Cruelty
I have seen this before - and while I agree with 'b%#$y Chinese' I think that they wouldn't do it if there wasn't a market for these furs.

And that market is not in China.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246846 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic Animal Cruelty
Ok gross and I didn't even watch it.
Sundays

More
13 years 5 months ago #246848 by sundaysbest
Ok very gross - I thought I'd stopped it downloading and then BAM it surprised me.
Why on earth was it still alive? Why couldn't they have killed it properly before doing that, a couple of bumps to the head - what are they thinking?! I feel sick as hell.
Oh my g
Sundays :(

More
13 years 5 months ago #246851 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Animal Cruelty
Thank you for the warning cantyguy. Without it I would have opened it but after reading the posts - no way. I didn't have to - my imagination already has me on the point of tears.

More
13 years 5 months ago #246859 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Animal Cruelty
I wont be opening it either .. eeeek

More
13 years 5 months ago #246863 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Animal Cruelty
Well I had to look and although I would never condem animal cruelty in any way shape or form you have to wonder just how desperate to earn a living those doing the killing are, and who are the ones providing an income that makes such actions economically viable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 5 months ago #246875 by sundaysbest
Great comments Bet. And I for one hadn't even got that far - still shivering in my boots about the video. It is truely disgusting. And the points raised... brings me to why I love and cherish animals friendships more than human friendships.
Sundays

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds