Can I share some photos of my 'kids'

More
15 years 5 months ago #16448 by Louise W
Losing Debi and Silas last year was the lowest point of our lifestyleblock journey to date. But, we have a lot to be grateful for, including this year's foals, of which I am very proud. First up is Aine - My first second generation homebred:

Next we have Rory who is the realisation of a dream as he is a threequarter bred Irish Draught:

and last but definitely not least, my greatest achievement, our daughter, Amy and her adorable welsh pony Maxi:

Thanks for letting me share :)

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #246495 by Prim
Beautiful pictures, Louise!

But, you seem to have a growth problem. Aine has a terrible looking growth under his belly in that second picture of him, and Maxi doesn't fare much better - his ears seem extraordinary! :D

And, a serious question - is Rory loosing his baby fluff and coming in to his summer coat, or is there something else that I, as a non-horse person, don't know about? I'm just wondering why the colour variation around his face/neck area.

Thank you for sharing!!!

More
15 years 5 months ago #246497 by Birman Babe
God, look at that priceless look on Amys face in the last pic..lol
Great photos and I am pleased you are feeling a bit better xXx

More
15 years 5 months ago #246499 by Louise W

Prim;224240 wrote: Beautiful pictures, Louise!

But, you seem to have a growth problem. Aine has a terrible looking growth under his belly in that second picture of him, and Maxi doesn't fare much better - his ears seem extraordinary! :D

And, a serious question - is Rory loosing his baby fluff and coming in to his summer coat, or is there something else that I, as a non-horse person, don't know about? I'm just wondering why the colour variation around his face/neck area.

Thank you for sharing!!!

Thank you! And, ha ha ha! I wondered if I might get a comment about the ears :) [;)]

And yes, both Rory and Aine are losing their baby fluff, slowly. They should lose it just about in time to grow their winter woollies to replace it all :p

Thx BB, I actually cried myself to sleep a couple of nights ago when I couldn't get Debi and Silas out of my head. They are never far from our thoughts but we have so much to be grateful for that I really mustn't allow myself to wallow in it too much.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 5 months ago #246501 by wino
I like the way Amy and Maxi have the same coloured manes :D

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
15 years 5 months ago #246507 by Prim
I've had another look ... that photo of A on Maxi (after the ears shot!) is priceless! Awesome photo.

You're allowed to cry yourself to sleep, Louise. It was a big loss.

Take care,

More
15 years 5 months ago #246516 by DiDi
Can you share? THANKS for sharing! They are beautiful photos and anything that puts a smile on my face is something I welcome into my life. What a cute young lady you have as well and so good to see her with her riding hat on. Yeah to her!

More
15 years 5 months ago #246533 by sod
They are good last one is just priceless love it[;)]. But best horses have hairy feet:rolleyes::rolleyes:LOL

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 5 months ago #246539 by kate
Great photos Lou :D I can't believe how Amy has grown :D :D :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 5 months ago #246561 by Westermans
Excellent photos Lou, i am presuming that is a donkey at the back of Amy and her pony...HUGE ears...lol....
I hope 2009 brings lots of happiness to your home after a very tough 2008...best wishes and thank you so much for sharing....that is the kind of post we all love to see :)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 5 months ago #246579 by terralee
Thanks so much for sharing them Lou :) ... they are all magnificent looking babies[:X][:X][:X]
Amy looks like you[:0][:0]:DI wonder who she will be riding in the 2020 Olympic Games[^]
You are so allowed to cry for Silas and Debi .. it is still early days and they were a huge loss ... strangely enough thoughts of Silas still flicker across my brain and choke me at times too :( :( :(
Cheers :)

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 5 months ago #246586 by eelcat
lovely photos Lou, especially the ones of the littlest of both sorts!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
15 years 5 months ago #246605 by spoook
Oh Lou, [:0] how Amy has grown. [:0] I can't believe she is that old/ big already!
Only "yesterday" she was a baby :(

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
15 years 5 months ago #246608 by Louise W

spoook;224356 wrote: Oh Lou, [:0] how Amy has grown. [:0] I can't believe she is that old/ big already!
Only "yesterday" she was a baby :(

Tell me about it! It's frightening - and, she starts school in a few weeks! [:0][:0][:0]

Thanks for enjoying them :D

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 5 months ago #246613 by Sue
Wonderful action shots of all your 'kids' they're all beautiful-thanks for sharing.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds