Halogen cook top

More
13 years 5 months ago #16340 by kate
Halogen cook top was created by kate
I think it's halogen, it's glass and the elements are below the glass and are red when hot [:I][:I]

Anyway, this is what we have in our apartment and I'm wondering what I can use to clean it? I don't want to scratch it but is ordinary 'spray & wipe' type stuff okay to use? I don't want to ruin it...[:0][:I]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #245407 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Halogen cook top
We have one as well, and I use Simple Green and Jif (not the spray, the non-abrasive liquidy stuff): Simple Green to breakdown any greasy mess and wipe down with a clean, soft cloth, and then a little squeeze of Jif, spread it all around and then you'll need a single-edged razor to get off any burnt on bits. If you're too rough with a scrubber (like the green 3M ones) you'll remove the painted-on lines on the burners, but the razor blade will leave the paint intact.

I'm sure you'll be able to find something similar if they don' thave those brands in Spain.

Cheers
Andrea
Oxford

More
13 years 5 months ago #245409 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Halogen cook top
Thanks Andrea :D

It's not burnt on but a bit greasy, I've found the local equivalent of Spray and Wipe so I'll try that with a soft cloth and if that doesn't work I'll try for Jif. There must be a UK shop here somewhere [}:)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #245411 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Halogen cook top
there are two special cleaners you can get. one for cleaning and on to protect against burnt on stuff. the cleaner is like jif and the protector is a liquid.
I have a cook top the same and as I had gas before I was used to cooking on quite a fast/hot situation so had quite a few boil overs when I first moved here. I have also found that anything that appeared 'burn on' actually cleared itself the next time I used the element. Sort of burn off. I hate my cook top but to change to gas would cost a fortune as the kitchen would need to be altered. The cook top is in front of a window and you can't put gas in the same place because of fire restrictions, the window suround is flamable.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 5 months ago #245412 by kate
I prefer cooking on gas TKP, but I haven't used one of these before and it's pretty good...although the 'h' for hot stays on for ages after the element is turned off [:0]

The kitchen has the basics but no chopping board, no really good knives, no herbs or spices so we cook what we buy...it's easier to eat out [;)] :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #245418 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Halogen cook top
Im guessin it like a flat top.. the paste is like toothpaste and that fine, but wetter.. so a bit of that [toothaste]will cut any stuck stuff.. also good for when the hire car hits a post and scraps a bit of paintwork, removes the other colours without leaving a patch!!!!!!!!
and I only ever used the usual sunlight/detergents for fat splatters..
IF you visited an electrical shop or housewares and did a good mime job plus using that dialect that you sent me the other day.. In no time at all some nice man will come and clean the cooker for you !!!!! they often stock the cleaners also, which is the main aim
AND yes the heat is retained for ages.. so we made it a LAW never to put things on the stovetop

More
13 years 5 months ago #245420 by kate

beedee;223036 wrote:
AND yes the heat is retained for ages.. so we made it a LAW never to put things on the stovetop

That's all very well, Beedee but the kitchen is tiny and and the stovetop is half the bench area [B)]

I'll go canny with it....

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds