Firearms Licence holder in Thames?

More
13 years 6 months ago #16303 by Kiwi303
I've been looking around for a cheap boltaction .22 on trademe for a while, generally just bidding the opening price if it's start=reserve and getting outbid in the last few minutes of the auction. This time my bid won :P but the seller is wanting pickup only.

So is there someone in Thames who can pick it up, wrap it and get a price from the couriers for shipping to here so I can send you the shipping fees and you post it down to me?

I'm happy to let you use it on your own bunnies up there for a while before you ship ;)

In the short term it's a simple open sights training rifle to teach visitors how to shoot with before introducing them to scopes :D open sights teach far more about controlling a rifle since there are two points to bring into alignment rather than a single crosshair.

Further down the track I'm considering rebarreling in .17HMR and scoping for longer shots :D

Thanks in Advance :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #245026 by wyseyes
You might have to specify just where you are, "way down south" is a little vague.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
13 years 6 months ago #245027 by wyseyes
I have sent a message to a friend in Thames, no reply yet.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
13 years 6 months ago #245029 by Kiwi303
lol, Nelson Lakes. I suppose having been here a year it might pay to update my location that I changed when I first gained all that Latitude :P

More
13 years 6 months ago #245064 by wyseyes
Rats, friend in Thames doesn't have a FAL. I do, but Thames is a lot of fuel from here to there.

More
13 years 6 months ago #245072 by Birman Babe
None held my any of my family either, sorry !!

More
13 years 6 months ago #245094 by powerguy
Hi K303, as a last resort if this forum is unable to help you may have to ask him to pack it and drop it in at the local Police Station. You can then arrange a courier to pick it up and pre-pay from this end. It may also be best to arrange a permit to procure. Cheers, Bruce

Renewable power systems - hydro, wind and solar.
Grid tie and off grid (stand alone)
www.poweron.kiwi.nz

More
13 years 6 months ago #245095 by Kiwi303
I've already got the police form signed by the blenheim station duty officer when I went in to drop off some rellies to meet the ferry, so that's all ready to go.

I tried ringing fastways, as being the only company that will knowingly ship firearms to see about pre-purchasing some pre-pay shipping tickets and posting them and the licence/shipping form to the guy to stick them on and arranging for them to pick it up from the seller. but got an aswerphone... ring back Mon 5th... so no help there :(

If there're no LSBers in Thames with licences by monday then thats probably what I'll do, If I can understand the fastway people on the phone :D lol

More
13 years 6 months ago #245140 by beedee
Does the person have to have the FAL to collect the gun???... THE SIL is over the hill at present and would be going close to there on Sun, but being on holiday wont have it with him in the wallet.. I dont suppose.. tho I can do a txt and find out..
Im happy to go for a drive and collect it to post to you.. it would be very safe under the ironing pile, no one would find it there.. but the SIL has a big cabinet to comply with his new toys recently acquired..

More
13 years 6 months ago #245148 by Kiwi303
Yep, you need to have the licence on you to show when in possession of a firearm. Mine lives in my wallet unless I'm going hunting, in which case it gets transferred to the hunting pack.

It's a bit like a drivers licence, you must have it on you at all times when driving, or you're stung with a fine, with a firearm, you must have the card with you at all times you have the firearm out of the cabinet and in your hands or the firearm can be confiscated and the cop may lodge a complaint with the district firearms officer about your being unfit to hold a licence.

If you could text and find if the SIL has his licence on him that would be great :D (I was thinking Sister in Law not Son when I saw your TLA and your saying Him threw me until I stopped and thought some more :P I keep thinking in terms of my generation, and no son in laws for me or my gen yet ;))

More
13 years 6 months ago #245151 by sod
Kiwi me too!! and I'm a lot olderLOL

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #245152 by beedee
Hv sent you a cell ph message and will now PM ya

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds