LSB forum off line at night?

More
13 years 5 months ago #16276 by Ghilly
Every so often I have a wee look at the forum before I turn off my computer last thing at night and sometimes it's not there. The home page is but the forum isn't. I just get a white page and a line or two about something like encoding and see the person in charge.
Probably just a sign from the gods that I should be getting to bed?[;)]

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #244694 by sod
Replied by sod on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Me too just thought it was me doing something silly:) so did likewise next day all good ?????LOL

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 5 months ago #244701 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Me too, thought it may be Kate 'doing things' like maintenance.

Cate

More
13 years 5 months ago #244704 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic LSB forum off line at night?
I've been meaning to post about this for weeks because that's how long it's been going on for, instead of which I shut the computer down, go to bed and forget about it until the following night when I can't get on again.

It seems to happen around mid-nightish and a page comes up saying Internet Explorer cannot display this page. I can get into the forum via Blogs and then into Active Topics but that of course doesn't show any topic that might have been posted earlier in the day that you may want to reply to.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
13 years 5 months ago #244707 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Been happening for months and I just think its the gremlins shutting us down since we use this site faaaarrrrr too much and they want a break from all the typing they have to do, when our messages come in.. Im sure its them wot makes all the typos late at night.. surely I wouldnt be that bad!!!!! Now I get home at 3.30 its not happening

More
13 years 5 months ago #244708 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic LSB forum off line at night?
I have stuck this so Kate sees it when she pops in

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 5 months ago #244754 by kate
Replied by kate on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Now you all tell me!!!!!!!! I had no idea... [:I]

It's strange though since all the site is now run on a database server so if one thing is down the lot should be down. I also get messages (about 5 a minute) when the forum is down and it hasn't been down much. So....please send me an email when it next happens with a copy of the error message and I'll look into it...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #244758 by Birman Babe
I've had no problems but, then, I am never on after 11pm ~ I like my sleep :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #244760 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Its when its not back on at 7 in the morn then I start to worry that Ive been booted out..Kate, you have been busy with packing and all the other things that it wasnt a high priority moan on my list.. meant I could go and watch a funny Utube terrier training video instead

More
13 years 5 months ago #244762 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic LSB forum off line at night?
I had the idea that the site was offline so to speak because it is run out of America and given time differences, they were presuming we were all tucked up in bed post 10.30pm. I'd get here and get the message and ...laugh...also think - "You are right - time for bed!"

More
13 years 5 months ago #244768 by AdoubleJ
Happens to me too but not that late - I am in bed by then! :D Usually about 9.30pm ish................

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

• Toni - Northland
13 years 5 months ago #244771 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Yep, been happening here, but thought it was my stupid dial up that was the cause.

More
13 years 5 months ago #244776 by Ronney
Sorry Kate, should have let you know much sooner but just kept forgetting - and it was probably time I should have been in bed anyway :D

It's just happened again and the time was 12.17am. I got back in by going through Blogs >Active Topics which then let me into Forum. So not a big deal as few use it at this time of night and it can be accessed with a bit of mucking around but there would appear to be something glitching somewhere.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
13 years 5 months ago #244778 by kate
Replied by kate on topic LSB forum off line at night?
Thanks Ronnie, I'm online and saw your post. Must have missed the 'offline' bit though. The forum didn't go down though and if it did the blogs would be down too so I think it must be a caching problem. Do you get an error message or just the usual 'page cannot be found'?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #244779 by Ronney
No error message, just page cannot be found and only appears to apply to the Forum part of the website. And now that I'm taking a bit more notice, definately seems to happen after midnight our time.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds