Dragged into the 21stC

More
13 years 6 months ago #16228 by GBpeter
The son gave me a Sony iPod the size of a credit card for Xmas on which he loaded my 200+ CDs (also plays video etc) - to top it off he gave me a TV 'dongle' for my Laptop which converts it into a digital 'freeview' TV.

I hadn't realised how technologically challenged I had become :) . Unfortunately I will also 'inherit' his smart phone when he changes his annual contract (which means I won't be able to communicate with anyone).

Is it just me or is the world moving too fast :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #244311 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Dragged into the 21stC
no not just you not ever half wot you just said dont make sence to me:D:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #244315 by wino
Replied by wino on topic Dragged into the 21stC
I'm jealous!

Niece got an Ipod Touch this Christmas and I'm so totally impressed with it that I may need to acquire one of these in short order. Just as well my birthday isn't too far away. (And it is probably not a good look being jealous of a 10 year old at my age LOL)

I must admit I'm also totally impressed with the 10 year old in question who let me play with her new and "very best present ever" Ipod

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
13 years 6 months ago #244316 by Celtic_Kiwi
Replied by Celtic_Kiwi on topic Dragged into the 21stC
I can remember my mother and father buying a microwave and a video player. I learned immediately how to record etc on the video and work the microwave. I still remember my mother (and she is a bright woman) struggling.

When I first got my cell phone, I had no idea how to use it and my daughter was 'Oh Mum, it's so easy, blah blah. Yet I struggled.

I just think we need to come to grips with new things.

As an aside, I am sure that in WW2, it was said they moved 100 years forward with technology.

My concern is the possible negative uses of some of these modern wonders we have.

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
13 years 6 months ago #244386 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Dragged into the 21stC
I went to a lecture about aging gracefully but still having fun, and one bit of advice was to have a young friend or relative as your technology buddy. Make an agreement that when you get a new toy or ask for advice they will show you rather than tell you. I haven't done it yet but seems like a good idea as they are so much better at this stuff than us oldies.

More
13 years 6 months ago #244406 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Dragged into the 21stC
thats what children/grandchildren are for aint that why we have them,keep them:D:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds