DVD case - No DvD!

More
13 years 5 months ago #16221 by Louise W
DVD case - No DvD! was created by Louise W
Firstly, Merry Christmas everyone!!! :D

One of my pressies was the first series of House on DVD. Great! :) Only problem, open box, no DVD's! Silly hubby did not even check and neither, it would seem, did the person at the checkout. Der! He's just turned the bedroom upside down looking for the receipt and come up with nothing. The DVD has a warehouse pricetag still on it with amount blacked out. What are our chances of getting the DVDs? Worse than nil? I know you cannot return DVDs once purchased but this is more a case of turning up with empty case and being his word against theirs and hoping that they have a stack of House DVDs sitting in their drawer with no case! Finger's crossed they will play ball or else he has learned an expensive lesson the hard way! :cool: Any suggestions? :o

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #244252 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Go in together and give it a go. Telling the truth has an uncanny ability to sound right and as it is the truth, let's hope they accept it. All the best.

More
13 years 5 months ago #244266 by kate
Replied by kate on topic DVD case - No DvD!
I'm sure it's happened before and they'll be reasonable. If not, take it higher up.

BTW - I have all series of House on DVD and they're all great :D :D

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #244268 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Yes they will know how many cases they have and how many dvds are sitting in the drawer.. wot a botheration tho

More
13 years 5 months ago #244430 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic DVD case - No DvD!

beedee;221737 wrote: Yes they will know how many cases they have and how many dvds are sitting in the drawer.. wot a botheration tho

I was thinking the same thing...

Similar happened to us with some bathroom items we bought in aussie to bring across, was missing 1 complete set even though i helped load the rest into my car with the rep.
I felt a tad silly telephoning him and saying what i was missing, however as soon as he went to the store house he saw the missing stuff and knowing he had to order it in especially for us he knew then I was tellling the truth.

More
13 years 5 months ago #244431 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic DVD case - No DvD!
If its any consolation, my SOH won't go and find the DVD's and CD's at the warehouse, he just sees the person on the music desk and tells them what he wants so they can locate them under their shelf anyhow....

More
13 years 5 months ago #244438 by scooter
Replied by scooter on topic DVD case - No DvD!
That is very annoying...more annoying than what they do down here. They open every DVD CD container and say "Can you see any scratches?" ...now instead of me thinking..."Wont know until I get it home and try to play it!!!!" I'll take it as a check that it is actually in the container! :(

"My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."

More
13 years 5 months ago #244443 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Yesterday I bought a book shelf from the red shed. It was the only one left of that sort and it had %30 off. The box was in a bit of a state and when I had a quick look inside the little bag of 'doings' was open and little brads and screws etc were all over the box. I counted the shelves and there were six which is what is stated on the box. (It actually had seven shelves counting the top of the bookcase but I didn't realise that until I got it home)
When I got up to the checkout I mentioned the state of the box and the hole in the bag of bits. Checkout called for a supervisor and they gave me a little bag to put the bits in.
He said it would be hard to tell if anything was missing until it was assembled.

Got it home and set to assembling. The plywood board for the back has a chunk missing from the corner, one shelf is missing and three screws.. which I didn't need anyway because of that one shelf missing.

I just couldn't be bothered taking it apart, loading it into the car and returning it. They didn't have a replacement anyway and it's a 40 minute round trip.

We bought a blind from there not long after we moved in here. The fittings at the end were missing so we took it back. Once again, it was the last one there and no replacement so we got our money back.
A few days later we were back and saw the very same blind, back in the rack. No notice on it to say it had bits missing. No doubt some other poor sap bought it, took it home and had to take it back again.

Kim had quite a job to convince them there were supposed to be fittings in the box. How else was it supposed to hang in the window? Magic?

A friend of ours, being sneaky, wanted a wheelbarrow for Christmas and decided she wasn't going to wait and went off and bought one.
Her partner was furious, it was at least going to be a gift that was wanted and she's not that forthcoming with ideas for presents.

Well, she arrived home and was asked where the wheelbarrow was. "In the back of the car". They went to the car and her partner had a look. "Where?" she said, "In that box" came the reply. "Who is it for? a Pixie?"
"Why?" said the purchaser. "Well it's a bluddy small wheelbarrow!, where's the rest of it?".

She'd bought the wheel. No tray, no frame, just the wheel. She'd been through the checkout, paid for it and the checkout person hadn't said a word.

The bite came when 'someone' had to take the receipt in and explain. Of course, her that bought it was too busy working so her partner had to go back in and look like the idiot.

There must be a book worth of stories out there about peoples tradings with the red shed. How many of us have had to make return trips because there were bits missing or in one case, the barbeque we bought had the holes drilled in the wrong place on one of the legs. ?????

You march out of there, happy with your purchase, only to get it home and realise what you have isn't all there or is broken.

They must have a stream of customers coming in returning items so it shouldn't come as too big a shock that you didn't get your DVD.

Yakut

More
13 years 5 months ago #244755 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Good news! After a couple of phone calls (which went unreturned - no surprise there really) Nick went in with the offending DVD case and a bank statement and was given the DVDs :) with no questions asked. Yay!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 5 months ago #244766 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic DVD case - No DvD!
YAY the Red Shed. Happy watching Lou :)

Cate

More
13 years 5 months ago #244806 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Good news! I'm about to take a foot pump back to M10 and am wondering if they will think I used it and now don't need it. I wish. Here's me pumping away to blow up an airbed and nothing was happening but I could hear it hissing. That was until I moved the hose and low and behold, the hiss was from some tiny holes in the hose! They know me though so I doubt I will have a problem. It's weird how we question returning things even when we know the problem is not our fault. Laugh

More
13 years 5 months ago #244808 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic DVD case - No DvD!
Of course a lot of things go missing by the light fingers brigade, and so we cant expect the poor check out person to check every item.. I do try and get the bottom box and see that the tape hasnt been tampered with.. Ive watched people open boxes drag the 1001 bits out, then throw it back in and get a sealed box!!!! duh!!!!

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds