Are you there yet Kate?

More
13 years 6 months ago #16210 by Midge
:D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #244070 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Are you there yet Kate?
Yes, they are. They arrived safely and will have started their first day in Spain (provided they do not sleep through it [}:)] ).
Kate will be online later to let us all know how the trip was.
I do hear it is cold at night there, I suggest they come home [}:)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 6 months ago #244095 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Are you there yet Kate?
We're here [8D][8D]

What a few days [:0] Luckily, Geoff got a great leaving present from Gallaghers - business class upgrades for the entire trip for both of us [8D][8D][8D] Which made things soooo much more comfortable, especially as Geoff is still using a crutch to get around.

The train journey from Barcelona to Valencia was a nightmare...well, the train journey itself was fine but the managing the luggage either end was a nightmare [B)][B)] As we're away for a few months, and as business class means you can check in 30kgs each, our two suitcases were heavy. I have tennis elblow in one arm and Geoff can't lift much as he needs the crutch and we had two heavy carry-on bags plus my handbag.....

The apartment we've rented is lovely - nicer than I expected but the heating and hot water weren't working when we arrived. And boy did we want showers - it was about 48 hours since we'd showered before leaving Auckland [:I][:I] We contacted the rental people who sent someone around to have a look- friends of the owners - they couldn't get it to work so called another friend who came up with his kids....quite a party. Except that we hadn't been shopping so couldn't even offer them a cup of coffee [:I][B)]

All is fixed now, the central heating is working, I've finally worked out how to access the wifi here and can get to work [8D][8D][8D]

Valencia is beautiful and we're very near to some amazing buildings. I'll take my camera out later and get some photos.

Cheers from (not so) sunny Spain [8D][8D]
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #244107 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Are you there yet Kate?
Hey well Kate it is raining here too
Glad you guys are all settled in

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
13 years 6 months ago #244109 by kate
Actually it's not raining...just a bit chilly out there :D Glad to hear you're getting rain though, it was looking and feeling dry before we left...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #244110 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Are you there yet Kate?
It has been raining here all night, has just stopped. Bet you're glad you are over there now.[;)] Then again, it is warm here [;)]
So....... photos, one from the window will do for now.[:I]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 6 months ago #244151 by Midge
Replied by Midge on topic Are you there yet Kate?
That was very generous and thoughtful of Gallagher Kate :D

Can just image the hassle you two crookies had with your luggage[;)] But good to know all is well otherwise and you can now relax.

Have a great Xmas and all the best for 2009 :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

More
13 years 6 months ago #244158 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Are you there yet Kate?
Just posted on the other thread before I saw this! So glad you've arrived okay and the upgrade would have been a fantastic help. Will look forward to more news and photos!

More
13 years 6 months ago #244159 by kate
Photos tomorrow...we're 12 hours behind you so a little dark right now [}:)]

The business class flights were great....seats that not only recline fully but have a massage function too :D Plus you get into the business class lounges with very comfortable seats, free food and drinks and great loos [:I] If I could afford it, I'd always do it.........

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #244170 by The Kats Place
Join a visa card that had air miles (anz does Qantas) buy everthing on visa then pay straight away so you don't get a bill but the air miles add up then buy econ fares and use the points to upgrade them. We have been doing that for years, great isn't it. Oh how the other half live! Pleased you got there in one piece and hope it wasn't too hard on Geof's hip. Merry christmas from us and Max

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds