Cat-free and hating it...

More
13 years 6 months ago #16119 by kate
A month ago we had four cats...Max, our old, grumpy darling, and the three ex-feral kittens.
As we're going away we had to find good homes for them all. Max is very happy with TKP [8D][8D] Swallow and Choo have been stable cats at a very flash stable for a few weeks and tonight it was time to hand over Tash to her new owners [B)]:( :( [B)] I know she'll be happy and she's a very affectionate cat so they'll love her.....but...........it's just not natural not to have a cat about the place... :( :(

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #243217 by Pumpkingirl
I'm sitting here listening to a sad song, snuggling a cat. I can't imagine how it would feel to be catless :( Very sad.

More
13 years 6 months ago #243219 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Kate, aren't you coming back? I would want my cats back but then - I don't think I want to go away anywhere far anyway - I like it here[^]

More
13 years 6 months ago #243222 by The Kats Place
I'll tell Max to send you a hug by ESP[;)] He is such a wonderful wee man.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 6 months ago #243227 by Birman Babe
Oh Kate, I could imagine it and I would HATE it.
But you will be on the road soon and will have other things
to think about, but they will always occupy a warm space in your heart!

More
13 years 6 months ago #243228 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Glad that you found them good homes,.....esp. Max.....:)

More
13 years 6 months ago #243239 by Westermans
At least you got them into good homes Kate :) But i can understand the loss you feel without them around you :( Once you hit the open road you will be happy knowing they are loved and safe so you can travel without worries ;)
when we came here i had to leave my 2 dogs and cat in the UK until we found a home to buy....it was a very long 2 months for all of us we found ourselvels petting every animal in all the homes we looked at rather than looking at the house... ;) Just pet any animlas along the way..thats my advice, made us feel much better..there is something very theraputic about giving animals a stroke :)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 6 months ago #243241 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Thanks everyone...I am delighted that they all have good homes but I miss them terribly, especially Max...... :( :(

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #243248 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Perhaps you will be like my daughter when she was travelling around Europe. Half the photos were "Me and stray cat" ot "Me and stray dog". She even mentioned trying to work out how to steal a poodle a lady had on the Metro or Tube (can't remember) but thankfully was only joking.

Missing the animals at home had a big part to play in calling their OE off early I believe. So rest assured Kate - there will be plenty of cats on your journey who will love a pat and in the meanwhile the assurance that your ones all have lovely homes.

More
13 years 6 months ago #243257 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Know the feeling we had our two cats die this year and have 6dogs but keep saying must get some more cats as we miss them like crazy.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #243296 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Cat-free and hating it...
Awww I can not imagine life without a puddytat to pander to ... you must be feeling really empty ... what a neat thing to know that all of them have wonderful new homes tho'...especially Max ... Pretty soon you will be doing too many exciting things to feel the need for a puss cuddle but when that urge returns you will know it is time to return home to NZ and get some more puddys and goats and Mmmmmmmmmm
Cheers:):):)

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 6 months ago #243301 by kathken
Replied by kathken on topic Cat-free and hating it...
i'd miss my 2 cats terribly if they weren't around me. but it's good to know they are in good homes. that would be half the worry for me to know they were being cared for lke i would care for them.

you'll probably be seeing them out the corner of your eye from time to time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reluctant Suburbanite Now

More
13 years 6 months ago #243307 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Cat-free and hating it...
It's nice to know you're all as mad as I am [}:)] I visited Tash tonight and she's fine...although she's a little nervous about the rottweiller she's now living with [:0][:I]

Web Goddess

More
13 years 6 months ago #243308 by Dream Weaver
Awww A Rottie.... Kate I have 3 cats as well as our Rottie. The Rottie is a gentle giant and sleeps with one of our cats, so cute.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds