Insurance company losses?

More
15 years 6 months ago #16059 by max2
Does anyone know offhand, or are shareholders of, a certain large insurer in NZ that is also in Australia? If so, do you have recent financial information on the company's position that might suggest their position isn't as good anymore since the financial markets have collapsed.

reason being we are being mucked around with financial settlement on our rebuild. the reports are in, the recommendations are in, and yet when it comes to making an official offer to us, we get reason after reason each week why they cannot do so.

I am thinking there is more to the story than just about our claim. any thoughts?

Insurer won't give me the dispute thingo letter to go to ISO, my solicitor is becoming interested (always a sign:rolleyes:) and today's reason is the claims person still hasn't seen their boss to discuss the matter.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and their faxes and correspondence systems are down.....

(OT a tad, the reports of the construction are amazing, page after page of errors in the house, makes a mockery of the builders (or pretend builder) capabilities. For those in the know, my August email of rectification has been approved as being a legitimate form of service. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds