Masterton Folk

More
13 years 6 months ago #15960 by Cate
Masterton Folk was created by Cate
Ok it is looking like we may be making a move from the Naki to Masterton area, so.....what areas are to be avoided at all cost? WHere is ok? I am probably going to be working in town so want to be as near as possible on 10ish acres. I have seen a couple of properties that meet the criteria one on Manaia rd and one on Black rock rd........any thoughts?

Cate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #241452 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Masterton Folk
Not sure if you have kids but being zoned, there are of course schools that everyone wants to go to etc which makes adifference in where you buy But if no kids then thats not an issues.

Manaia rd is good, quite close to town but not in town. I think you may pay the price for that though. Zoned for a good primary school.

Black rock is further away but still ok area I think.

Do you want land to build on or a built set up place? Also depends if you need to catch the train for work to welly as to how far you go out of town and in which direction.

Jan

More
13 years 6 months ago #241464 by Cate
Replied by Cate on topic Masterton Folk
Definately want something already established but new! I am going to be working in Masterton, one son will be needing a high school (leaving Primary this year), other son is going to Uni soon so is well placed depending on where! Property looks on a par with the Naki from what I can see.
May be asking for some one to temporalriy house a few Mini horses for me in the transition period for a week or two [;)][:0]

Cate

More
13 years 6 months ago #241468 by Jan
Cate you are more than welcome to keep your mini's at our place, they can have a small paddock of their own , no problems. We are about 15mins north of masterton though. Actually we are next door but one to Lou :)

Jan

More
13 years 6 months ago #241469 by Jan
Our neighbour place is on the market..but they are on 5 acres.... so may be to small.

Jan

More
13 years 6 months ago #241497 by Cate
Hi Jan, thats a lovely offer thankyou, it would only be for a week or so, my truck only holds 4 comfortably on a long trip and given that I have 8 of them I will have to run a shuttle service! The enormity of the move makes me shudder when I look at the rubbish we have accumulated in a short space of time. Then we have chooks, duck and goose to move, dogs and a cat, cpckatiel and 20 sum sheep, the 3 ladies (cows), tractor topper spreader stuff, ride on, 1 husband, 2 teenagers and ME aaaaagggggggggh[:0]! Its going t6o be one heck of a garage sale!:cool:
5 acres is too small, 10 is really the minimum and I will probably need to downsize some sheep as the Naki probably has a longer wetter growing season than Masterton area.

Cate

More
13 years 6 months ago #241519 by Jan
I know what you mean about moving. We moved 22 sheep, 17 cows & calves, 2 horses, 2 ponies, chooks and the family & all our accumulated junk. And we were only moving from featherston to Masterton!! [:0]

Yes its a challenge. I didnt realise how much farmy stuff we had...but we did it :D

If there is anything we can do to help please just yell out. As i said you are more than welcome to leave you minis here for as long as you need. Would you be coming over via Palmy way?

Jan

More
13 years 6 months ago #241535 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Masterton Folk
you are right about shorter growing season but down Manaia road is wetter than us, have you got that address as we are just up road from there. great for air show in Jan :)we watch it from homeLOL

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #241569 by Cate
Thanks for all the advice and offers of help. We are coming down on Weds for a looksee at the job and to confirm whether or not its for me. That done and all being well it will be a case of clearing/selling and marketing the house! Yes the Palmerston North way looks the simplest (and I know my way to Tielcey Park so thats something !!!

Cate

More
13 years 6 months ago #241626 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Masterton Folk
Oh wow Cate, that is so exciting!!!

I am very biased but I think that our area is just the bestest and there are a few bits and bobs for sale around here ...

If you have time on Wednesday, you have to come up and visit - would LOVE to meet you!!!!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
13 years 6 months ago #241870 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Masterton Folk
wow thats a big move from one side of the Island to the other. The best of luck

More
13 years 6 months ago #241925 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Masterton Folk
Hope when you come its raining HEHE it is supposed to be, place in Manaia road is 5min from us I think we are at south end so if there is anything we can do to help let us know. If you like job and Masterton :):) of course.lol

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 6 months ago #241949 by Cate
Hey great thanks all, seems the natives are friendly :D :D :D so thats a good start.
Lou would love to meet up and meet the hunky Robbie and pretty boy Hamish (and the girls of course!), may not be Weds though as we have to go there and back in 1 day and I have a 3 hour appointment so that kinda fills the day. I am taking hubby to share the driving though. I suspect if it goes well I will be moving down on my own for a few weeks so you good folks will be having to put up woith me when I need my fill of horse /sheep/cow smells and cuddles :o during the week.
We have seen 3 lovely properties that we could see ourself living in :)
So fingers crossed for Weds, and then trying to sell here.......talk about picking our time well :(

Cate

More
13 years 6 months ago #242078 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Masterton Folk
There seem to be lots of blocks for sale around so make sure you look at several so you get an idea of locations, distances and value for your $!! It sometimes pays to ask about neighbours too!!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #242681 by Cate
Well we loved Masterton, and the job looks great, seems they like me so they are making an offer for me to consider so fingers crossed it may be all go! Hubby must be keen as he has started doing all those jobs I have been nagging him to do for the last few years [}:)][:(!] New gib in the dining room and the garden getting put to rights..definately want a new house next time, villas are money pits.

Cate

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds