Any Legal Whiz Kids Out There

More
13 years 8 months ago #240480 by Ronney
I've got no answers for you either but I'm almost positive that the only people that can (legally) access bank accounts are the IRD so Jack's suggestion might not be so silly.

Good luck with it, and good on you for persisting - I think many people give up because of the amount of time involved chasing their own tail.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #240492 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Any Legal Whiz Kids Out There
Is the proportion of con-artists and morally corrupt ******rs higher in our population these days, or do we just hear more about them because we're in touch with larger communities?

Good on you Cantyguy. You and I may have similar levels of tenacity in chasing down the buggers who think they will eventually get away with not paying if they string us along for long enough. Personally, if I'd offended in such a way, I'd be too damned embarassed not to pay up immediately.

The Court system, even when you use it, exercises its powers extremely slowly, it seems.

More
13 years 8 months ago #240494 by ronnie
I also find our Court system to be highly unfair to the "victim".
I also recently went down this road re the Disputes Tribunal and also had a distress warrant issued on the person. Because she gave a false address, it was up to ME to track her down. I was extremely lucky in that she had a very public profile thru Google, and paid up as soon as the bailiffs caught up with her.
I find it extremely unfair that when you win a case against an unscrupulous person, you have to do all the chasing. And they seem to be able to talk their way out of things easily enough.
Unfortunately, you just have to perservere and hope they slip up somewhere along the way.
But the more info you can gather in the meantime, must surely help your case along the way.
It is still a lot cheaper than getting lawyers involved, although the amount of time you spend on these matters makes you wonder.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds