ACC - gobsmacked!!!!!! Outcome

More
14 years 9 months ago #62553 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic ACC - gobsmacked!!!!!! Outcome
Interesting that happens over there too. About 2 years ago I discovered that my former home from my 1st marriage had taken off the "silent" number and my ex was now listed in the telephone book.

However it was under my and his names.... not his 2nd wife with the same telephone number.
I telephoned Telstra (aussie provider) and said to them I cancelled my name off the account when I moved houses, they had record of my asking for my name to be taken off the listing (?) but not as guarantor on the account...der.

I asked what was my options and they said to disconnect the phone. I said well that is hardly fair to my ex, why can't you just take my name off, no they said, you have to cancel the service. So I did. There was a small amount outstanding, and depending on who I spoke to in Telstra either my ex was a good payer or not... and if they didn't pay it, I would have a debt with them and it would go on my credit record. I said, well you have every address since I moved, can't you send the account to me as its still mine? Only with your ex's approval...

So once I had it disconnected to avoid further charges, and he was reconnected again under his name and the 2nd wife that afternoon, telephoned Telstra again a few weeks later to check the account (in my name) had been paid. They wouldn't tell me, because "technically its still the same account except in the 2nd wife's name as well, and she won't allow me to be told any info".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #62558 by GrantK

quote:Originally posted by tigger

...you can apply for your credit records through Veda Advantage (who? I hear you ask? Exactly - for some reason they are the company that has the god-given right to hold all credit info on New Zealanders/Australians)

A few years ago Baycorp merged their business with a similar business in Australia and the combined business was then listed on the ASX. This entity was initially called Baycorp Advantage but I think has now been on-sold to a Private Equity concern, hence the "Veda" name.

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 9 months ago #62568 by ccrk9
Tigger, my understanding from when I used to do accounts work some years back is that - if you dont pay obviously you have a black mark against your credit record but if you do pay it will be listed as paid but still show up on your credit record fopr a period of 5 years. That was what happened with the company I used to send debts to - not Baycorp.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
14 years 9 months ago #62571 by reggit
Thanks ccrk9 - it's the showing up bit that is getting up my nose. It should never have been referred to Baycorp at all, so I don't see why it should even be kept in the system. [V]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 9 months ago #63236 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic ACC - gobsmacked!!!!!! Outcome
We got a Baycorp letter tigger demanding payment of a Valuation done on our property over twelve months earlier. Hubby phoned and told valuer to call off the "dogs" as that account had been paid in full via internet banking way before due date and HE hadn't bothered noticing or checking where some $400 odd dollars had come from. He had been informed at the time he would be paid by that means. [}:)] We are not using his services again the #*#^^!!!!

More
14 years 9 months ago #63238 by reggit
That's shocking Pru, where is the courtesy of a followup letter or phonecall if the company thinks something is late?

You've just reminded me - we paid off our lease ute about four weeks ago (several thousand dollars) and have still to receive a letter confirming this from the company involved - must follow that up (more work for me that THEY should be doing!):(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 6 months ago #79749 by reggit
Okay, three months after I wrote to the ACC Minister, Maryann Street, I recieve a reply. I didn't give her specifics of my case but alerted her to the fact that ACC was using Baycorp for debt collection without contacting people by phone or letter first, and that they weren't taking into account whether it was a recidivist offender or a first timer :(. The amount they gave to Baycorp to collect was a whole $600, for which they were willing to wreck my credit rating after 15 years prompt payment history with them.

Maryann's reply concluded:

"It is regrettable that your debt was transferred to Baycorp. ACC has advised me that is it currently reviewing its debt collecting procedures, and evaluating whether payment history is a factor that should be considered when transferring debt to external agencies."

I feel quite pleased with that. By the tone of the letter she put a Ministerial request through to ACC which, I know from my previous work, tends to shake managers up a bit as it goes directly to the top office-wallah before it gets to them [}:)].

PS after writing to ACC as well and complaining, the black mark through Baycorp was removed from my record too :D

More
14 years 6 months ago #79772 by Sunflower
ACC...sigh:( ACC sent me to the dept collecters as well, I had sent up a direct debit for an outstanding amount.(My staff had worked more hours) I had a letter every second day from two dept collecters, I sent both of them the direct dept forms and letters from ACC approving the system of paying. In the end I got so fend up with spending hours trying to prove that I was paying it, that I sent ACC an invoice for wasting my time. $180 + GST, plan on sending them to the debt collecters for it too!! You have my sympany.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds