HEY bev...Good Luck is he gonna win?

More
15 years 2 months ago #244141 by bev
Racing today at 3pm at Cambridge, Double Are Jay, some of her gear has been removed, expecting a good run[8D], but will be a better run at Te Awamutu on the 29th on the grass. todd mitchell driving :D :D
John Grey, racing 27th at Te Aroha. In with a very good chance now that Santa gave us rain, not sure whos riding since Gavin got hurt :( , Up a class, some good horses, but worth a bet :D :D
Mark 'boots' Sweeney is riding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #244191 by ronnie
Hi Bev,

I am working on-course for both those days, so will try and remember to keep an eye out for them.

Thanks for the tip.

More
15 years 2 months ago #244195 by terralee
hey Bev .... we knew Mark when we lived up north ...his sister beckky rode at our club and was friends wiv youngest daughter ... he is a great replacment so will bang a couple of bucks on boots and John Gray ...hope Gavin is up and running and riding soon.... good luck
cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 2 months ago #244396 by bev
bugger bugger bugger!!!! Absolutely shocking!!!!
both horses didnt race flash :-(
oh well thems horses for ya's

More
15 years 2 months ago #244397 by terralee
Saw him bev... just one of those days huh .... hope he is just tired and ready for a wee rest:):):)
Cheers

• chooky
15 years 2 months ago #244418 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic HEY bev...Good Luck is he gonna win?
[:0] Well as you say thats horses for you. We used to have a racehorse in the family that we all followed and it won some and sure did lose some as well :( It looked like he did not want to be at the races .

More
15 years 1 month ago #247296 by bev
Double Are Jay,
race 3 number 3 at the morrinsville meet at Rotorua.
Shes had the last 2 starts on grass for 2 fourths, both been good runs, but unlucky at waipa when she got swamped for room, just missed out on 3rd, last start at thames where she stepped back at tape and ran home strongly for 4th again, P ferguson is sticking with her (i think he is as frustrated with her as us at being so unlucky)
So maybe today is the day for the winners circle!!!! i hope so, we have hired the local rugbyclubs mini van with sober driver!!!! so if you hear lots of noise from one van, it might be us :-)
Oh and she doesnt mind a bit of rain, i just hope that the track is still safe, it 'shirts' me that its not safe enough for gallopers, but alright for the Standys. So of course proiety is for the horse before the win, as we will be at Tauranga the next Sunday with same people and same van. Come along!!!!!!

More
15 years 1 month ago #247298 by terralee
:D I fink there is just enuff left in my TAB account to allow Double Are Jay to refill the coffers for me today :D [}:)][;)] Don't usually follow the standy's much but will make an exception[^]
Good Luck and I shall be watching on the telly ... will keep ears peeled for lots of noise if she crosses the finish line first :p
Cheers

More
15 years 1 month ago #247308 by ronnie

bev;225134 wrote: Double Are Jay,
Oh and she doesnt mind a bit of rain, i just hope that the track is still safe, it 'shirts' me that its not safe enough for gallopers, but alright for the Standys. So of course proiety is for the horse before the win, as we will be at Tauranga the next Sunday with same people and same van. Come along!!!!!!

Worked at Gore races yesterday. Had a torrential downpour of hail/rain etc, They ran one race after that, then deemed the track too unsafe to continue (gallops), so abandoned the last 2 races. Was nice to get home just that little bit earlier tho :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #247386 by bev
bummed out again, i think putting on here puts the jinxs on them, enjoyable day, our little punting club come home with $400

More
15 years 1 month ago #247434 by ronnie

bev;225234 wrote: i think putting on here puts the jinxs on them, enjoyable day

No, I don't think that is the problem[:0]

Watched the race and felt the driver should have stayed on the fence and waited for the passing lane, rather than roll off the fence and try to out gun them. Just my 2c worth.....

More
15 years 1 month ago #247449 by bev
yeah, we had much discussion on the drive. no one knows why he did it, but he did say she didnt have a sprint like she usually does. So unless something is wrong with her, we will be going to Tauranga, she hardly blew, so she didnt try that hard, but we 'think' its becuase she due to come into season, and she's extremely lazy when shes in.
BTW when Glow lines up again, put the house onit. Very very dissapointed camp when she got taken out at the start (another J Coppins horse)

More
15 years 1 month ago #247534 by Dream Weaver
Oh you keep remembering to tell me when you have one raceing. You know what my memories like lmao:)

More
14 years 10 months ago #262549 by bev
alright, i have brought this thread back to life :-)
Double Are Jay is still racing, still knocking on the door, had a very good second two starts ago, ran a good 5th the other night at Cambridge against 1 win horses. the camp is very happy, and Peter is very keen for her on Thurs and Sun down the line, so maybe worth a place at least.
It is with pleasure to say John Grey will be starting again on Saturday at Tauranga. He is very well on all accounts, first start fresh up since his spell. Hopefully we can find a jockey to suit him.
Ground is still hard, so as the rain comes (fingers crossed soon) he will only get better, i think we are in for a good weekend of horse racing, especially me being owner of two horses that have good chances. Especially if my luck has anything to do with the great fishing had over the easter break!!!
Ps Quiet whisper for maiden steples at Te Aroha, Sportaivian if they jump safe around him, should be a good thing!

More
14 years 10 months ago #262555 by terralee
[^] Thanks bev ... Good Luck with John Grey ....I will have a wee tickle on EW [:0] just for an interest you understand:rolleyes: ...
and do hope Double Are Jay opens that door soon[}:)][^]
Cheers :D

P.S: I won't tell anyone about Sportavian[;)][;)][;)]

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds