My poor old cat is poorly

More
15 years 3 months ago #15753 by The Kats Place
My dear old cat Boydle had a trip to the vet today. He was coughing last night like he was going to be sick so I picked him up to comfort him and his wee chest was really rattly sounding so I though he had a chest infection. John took him to the vet on the way to work this morning and they kept him for the day. He has an infection in his jaw and the yuck draining down his throat was making him cough and be sick and the vet thinks that accounted for his rattly chest as well. He's on AB's and may need surgery to remove a couple of teeth which is a real worry as he has a heart murmur.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #238716 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic My poor old cat is poorly
That's hard kats. Still if the Vet is prepared to do the op and God Forbid he doesn't make it, you will know you were doing what you had to do for him. I will have my fingers and toes crossed that the AB's work. I expect the Vet will be too!

More
15 years 3 months ago #238717 by kate
Replied by kate on topic My poor old cat is poorly
So sorry TKP...I'll keep everything crossed for him.

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 months ago #238721 by The Kats Place
What is it with these old ginger boys Kate? They are such a worry, but the hang on in there. How is Max doing?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 3 months ago #238723 by kate
Max is .....okay. Not great, but will get another injection tomorrow...I think we're close to bad news day :( :(

Web Goddess

More
15 years 3 months ago #238736 by Birman Babe
TKP; that is sad for you. Old age is such a bumma!
Hey, remind me to tell you about Scout at lunch next week.

• maggies mum
15 years 3 months ago #238737 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic My poor old cat is poorly
Fingers crossed for both puddy tats!

More
15 years 3 months ago #238747 by Westermans
TKP, i hope your cat pulls through for you, everything crossed here for you all....i l love my cats to bits so i know it must be a hard time for you now, posstivie thinking ;)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
15 years 3 months ago #238777 by Dream Weaver
Yes fingers crossed for both kittys.

More
15 years 3 months ago #238784 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic My poor old cat is poorly
Oh dear :(

Purrs to you.

I can personally vouch for gunk running down the back of your throat making you feel crappy, so hopefully once that is resolved (and the teeth safely dealt too) he'll be a new cat. Or back to his old self. Or his new old self. Well, you know what I mean!

More
15 years 3 months ago #238840 by jeannielea
TKP and Kate, so sorry to hear about your cats. Hope things are soon looking better though Kate I know Max has major problems.

More
15 years 3 months ago #238875 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic My poor old cat is poorly
Kate - I am not leaving you out in my best wishes for Max. I think I have been on here long enough for you to know that I support whatever anyone choses for their animal and am there to offer my heartfelt sympathies when the time comes. I wish for life in the first instance as I do for Max. I will be there with a genuine heart when you make a decision that the time has come and hopefully that will be when you and he are ready. It makes a difference. Hugs.

More
15 years 3 months ago #238889 by The Kats Place
Well today he is no better but no worse either. I know the AB's will take a while to work. Not a lot elso I can do for him really apart from keep him comfy and let him rest.

kats

More
15 years 3 months ago #238895 by Birman Babe
TKP, the antibiotics should only take around 3 days to kick in but you will need to finish the whole course.....

More
15 years 3 months ago #238913 by kate
Thanks for all the good wishes for Max, he's old, blind, deaf, toothless and I think is going senile. Apart from that, the vet thinks he's great for his age and he's not in distress :D He enjoys eating, sleeping and lap sitting. I don't think he'll be like this for long and as Sue referred to in another post I don't want his death to be a result of a medical emergency. He's had a great life and I love him more than I can say but I think we have to make a decision soon about his future.......or lack of it :(

TKP - how is Boydle today?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds