Nana nap interruption was created by beedee
ring ring

"hello"
'" who is this?"
" I dont know, who were you calling"
" I want to speak to Nina"
" well you have the wrong number"[:(!]
CLANG
Why do I always get the feeling its MY fault that I am at the wrong house and pick up the phone!!!!!!
and how does everyone find out that I am doing night duty so they either visit or ph during the day.. IF anyone has an idea on how to find the watch tower folk who sit year after year observing when I come home at 7 am then wait until I have fallen asleep then knock on the door.. how I can stop them coming since they dont take my yells through the door as an order... please let me know.. is there an 0800 # that I can call to stop them... gggrrrrrrr:rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237900 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Nana nap interruption
Notice on door not to disturb, and take phone off the hook :D

I used to wake folk inadvertently when doing inspections, felt really bad about it, but never understood why shift workers didn't put a notice on the door saying they weren't to be disturbed...?? :(

Go back to sleep, beedee, your post has gone multicoloured which is not a good sign [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 7 months ago #237905 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Nana nap interruption
Poor beedee.

Answerphone for your phone (turn the ring off; clear your messages when you awaken) and an message for your door along Tigger's lines "Night duty worker asleep. If you want sh*t, wake me. I dare you"

Snooze long and well.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237913 by lady yank
Replied by lady yank on topic Nana nap interruption
My neighbor leaves a note on her front door. "Day sleeper. Deliveries should be taken to neighbor across the street". I sign for her packages then deliver them when she wakes. As for the wrong numbers....I received a phone call from an older woman who insisted I had somehow taken her sister's phone number. When I explained that I have had the same phone number for over twenty years, she said that she had called this number yesterday and spoken to her sister. She wanted to know how I had taken her sister's number overnight!! :rolleyes:

Don't make me release the flying monkeys!

More
13 years 7 months ago #237914 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Nana nap interruption
lady yank, at our old place I had an old dear who would keep phoning, muddling two numbers. Once we realised what had happened I would keep her friend's number by the phone to give her when she called :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 7 months ago #237925 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Nana nap interruption
No to the note, one it would blow away, two they have already disturbed me by driving down my drive and getting all the animals to hee and haw and yell.. and then stomping up the steps , to get to the door
AND since I live in a high burglary area dont want to tell the pretend- to -be -lost- folk that they can come back in the night and rob me of my rubbish..
they have been told on many occasions that they are NOT to come to my place again.. I dont have a soul for sale and I will find my own way to my own heaven come hell.
AND Im not paying $10/month for an answerph system that only creeps will use, thats why I have the netty..for my family and friends.
LY glad to know Im not the only one to blame for answering the wrong ph!!!!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #237984 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Nana nap interruption
Answering the door stark naked seems to deter Jehovas and Mormons[:I] :D :D :D :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 7 months ago #238015 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Nana nap interruption
For the religious visitors, there is a data base apparantly as I have always treated them very nicely by telling them I'm a Catholic and they immediately stop talking. I asked nicely if they had a database to advise not to call and was told yes so I very sweetly said "well would you mind putting me on the database as there is really no point in you coming her". I have never had a religious visitor since adn I am talking years. Maybe coincidence but it worked.

I agree to the no note sign as the last thing I would want is some "uninvited" visitor knowing I was unprotected while probably alone asleep during the day. Agree with the others. Turn the phone volume off. If your family and close friends need to get hold of you in an emergency, you can have your mobile turned on next to the bed. Option? I must admit, I love my answerphone and again, the phone volume can be turned down so you get the messages but not the interuption.

More
13 years 7 months ago #238026 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Nana nap interruption
B Ive tried that and they still purrssiiisssted

haahaah a No I havent, but yes when I first shifted here 15 yrs ago and they came every 3 mths in those days I told them to put me in their notebook not to come again.. thing is I dont think there is a church nearby that I can work out where they come from.. I used to have the sign that this was a dangerous area but the cows ate it..
and Im on call 24/7 for another job I have, so I cant go totally ph-less.. as I have to respond immediately to that one.

More
13 years 7 months ago #238039 by betenoir
Replied by betenoir on topic Nana nap interruption
Guess thats a compliment then :D :D Since sheddweller answered unclothed they havent been back...maybe I shoud hire him out :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
13 years 7 months ago #238041 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Nana nap interruption
Then there is no other way betenoir - naked it is! [:I]

More
13 years 7 months ago #238135 by scooter
Replied by scooter on topic Nana nap interruption
I put my earplugs in and I sleep like a baby :o
Sleep thru anyone coming up to the house, dogs barking you name it.

I'd be highly pi$$ed if someone did wake me tho'. I'd feel like taking their number and returning the call at say 3am when they would be sleeping and you were up and about. :)

"My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."

More
13 years 7 months ago #238137 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Nana nap interruption
What about a notice on the gate saying Beware, guard dog on duty at all times. And you can buy cheap answer phones at the red shed so no need to use Telecom's service. That's only a suggestion in case you don't like the naked idea!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #238147 by kcouper
Replied by kcouper on topic Nana nap interruption
How about a lock on the gate that you use when you get home from night shift, that may deter them.

• maggies mum
13 years 7 months ago #238150 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Nana nap interruption
A sign at the gate " Absolutley NO unsolicited callers, that includes salespeople and the God squad! If you dare to continue, be prepared to be composted or eaten by the dog, whichever happens sooner!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds