Five weeks!!!!!!!!

More
15 years 8 months ago #15660 by kate
Five weeks!!!!!!!! was created by kate
Until we leave NZ to go on our travels [8D]

Five weeks!! [:0][:0][:0][:0]

We haven't sold either property, have still got one rented but not the other, haven't packed anything, haven't started putting things in boxes, haven't found homes for the kittens......

I need banana boxes, lots of them. Do I just beg at all the local supermarkets?

Now the website relaunch is all but done panic about everything else is setting in............................................help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also need to sell (but only to a good home) three gorgeous girls who are desperate to meet a bull [;)] and I'd like Jo to go with one of them. She's lovely and sweet (see photo of Geoff using her as a sofa!) but I don't think she should go to a bull again. Too many traumatic births [B)][:0] For all of us [}:)]

So.....what next? We're having a garage sale next week and hope to get rid of...ahem...sell hundreds of books, some furniture, DVDs, farming stuff, kitchen stuff, stuff in general. Lots to go and cheap as chips [^][8D] But how do we sell the things we need right up to when we go? We're storing some of the furniture so that's not a problem but whitewear? I can guarentee that I'll need the washing machine the day before I pack six months worth of clothes for us both....[:I]

I think I'd better get back to working on the website - it takes my mind off everything else :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #237354 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
:( :( :( :(

We'll miss you............. :( :( :(

So........be sure and have FUN!!! :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
15 years 8 months ago #237360 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
But I'll still be here....here online anyway. I won't be at the coffee mornings but that will be the only difference...and I haven't made very many of them...........

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #237364 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
Ohhh blast, I could have saved more boxes for you at the last place I worked.. I kept poor tiggs well endowed with them.. why not go down the streets on a tues evening and collect all the boxes and cartons put out for the paper chase, always big mountains outisde the resthomes and all folded ready for a bit of tape... banana boxes are useless as they have a big hole right where you need something solid.

More
15 years 8 months ago #237369 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
Certainly an interesting place for a garage sale, Kate [}:)] hmmm, books...when is it again? [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 8 months ago #237384 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
Feeling for you! As I said to Swaggie, I have an empty outbuilding that you are welcome to use if you tie everything up and you need a place to park for the last few days. No problem. I'm sorry I can't help with the animals but am also gearing up to move on at some stage so not getting anymore "pets", books etc.

More
15 years 8 months ago #237393 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
If I can help with the garage sale let me know.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
15 years 8 months ago #237402 by kate
Thanks everyone....

The garage sale is next Saturday - NOT tomorrow - and 17 years worth of 'things we don't really need' are up for sale.

I'm worried that noone will come as we live at the end of the road. Anyone remember Shrek? 'The highest room in the tallest tower'? That's us.

We have a couple of people interested in the properties and a lovely couple who may rent this place so please cross your fingers for us having a clear day tomorrow. 90 days out of 100 we have stunning, spectacular, amazing views. Almost every day someone has come to see the property we've been in low cloud. Really. How does that happen? Three people (two separate lots as it were) came yesterday. You couldn't see the fence at the end of the garden. Today I can see Te Aroha, Morrinsville, Matamata and most of the central Waikato.......I think Beedee is doing it somehow [}:)]

My life is now weirder than ever. One minute I'm up to my neck in SQL queries, the next I'm looking at apartments to rent in Valencia.

Change is good, change keeps you young. However, at my age I need more time to prepare for it!!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #237403 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
Really daren't push for another 3 cats!! much as I think they are gorgous. [:I]

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
15 years 8 months ago #237404 by kate

AdoubleJ;214194 wrote: Really daren't push for another 3 cats!! much as I think they are gorgous. [:I]

I completely understand...I'm the one who insisted we couldn't possibly keep the little darlings when they turned up here.....[:I][:I]

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #237420 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
How about a Kate's page so you can tell us all what you are selling so we can all put our hands up if you have something we are looking for.

For example I have just started down the house cow road, so there are things I am looking for that I would be happy to buy second hand - sorry preloved, and save a few dollars while helping someone else out.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

More
15 years 8 months ago #237426 by kate
That's a great idea.....one job this weekend is to make a list so when it's done I'll put it on here :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #237436 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!
Hi Kate

I might have 'missed' your itinerary where are you off to other than Valencia?

We are in a similar position except we have sold the LSB - all the stock has been sold except two Grade 3 Dexters with week old beef calves. The tractor/trailer/implements are sold - next the garage sale :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #237455 by kate
Hi Peter

We're going wherever the wind blows us...... :D :D

Well done on selling the LSB, we're finally getting more interest in ours but time is getting short!

Maybe we'll bump into you somewhere in the world...or maybe we should organise an lsb get-together in Greece next winter? [}:)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #237567 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic Five weeks!!!!!!!!

Kate;214250 wrote: Hi Peter

We're going wherever the wind blows us...... :D :D

Well done on selling the LSB, we're finally getting more interest in ours but time is getting short!

Maybe we'll bump into you somewhere in the world...or maybe we should organise an lsb get-together in Greece next winter? [}:)]

Cheers
Kate

We have friends in Greece so if you need a pad PM me nearer the date (I assume you are staying in touch) :) Not sure if next NZ winter is well north in Oz or in California but the Northern winter after that will be the South of France if you are still on your travels.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds