More PC madness! From Tesco(UK)this time

• maggies mum
13 years 7 months ago #15659 by maggies mum
More PC madness! From Tesco(UK)this time was created by maggies mum
Apparently Tesco is selling for the festive season "Iced fruit cake"

I remember when it used to be called Christmas Cake![:(!]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237361 by wino
Yeah but when it was Christmas Cake you couldn't eat it in November - you had to save it till Christmas. :) :)

Sales are up heaps now it is just Iced Fruit Cake and you can eat it all the time...

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
13 years 7 months ago #237390 by The Kats Place
Then in January you will find hot cross buns in the supermarkets. I remember when you had to order them in advance from the baker.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• Toni - Northland
13 years 7 months ago #237441 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic More PC madness! From Tesco(UK)this time
People are also being encouraged, everywhere, not to say Merry Christmas but happy holidays.[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0] It is all bloody stupid.

• maggies mum
13 years 7 months ago #237443 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic More PC madness! From Tesco(UK)this time
Aye that's the point Toni, it has been so called so as not to cause offence!

• Toni - Northland
13 years 7 months ago #237497 by Toni - Northland
Offense to who though MM.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237535 by DiDi
Toni and I are soul sisters when it comes to the PC madness. My children (girls) were encouraged to do everything regardless of whether they were going to get hurt. Never happened. I have videos of them climbing Gum trees when they were 3 - 4 years old. The words were..."You can do it" not "be careful, you might get hurt". There are far too many people employed in Government departments who have nothing else to do but dream up rubbish to pretend their existence and pay packet is warranted.

MM... this is NOT a derogatory statement in any way shape or form regarding you being English (I know 'cause I married one!)but we didn't wear shoes when we are kids, we ended up with the soles of our feet like leather and we ran as fast as we could down sand dunes not caring if we rolled and fell all the way to the bottom. We did not use sunscreen (never heard of it) and took the sting out of our burns during the day by jumping back into the sea. We hit the shower at the end of the day and screamed when the water hit out skin, but the hotter you could handle it the better. No peeling!

My father too was an Englishman, and he, as my husband did, took years to acclimatise to our NZ heat and burn. But they did. My Dad, after years on a farm, was also a school teacher and he would have had no track with mollycoddling his students. So why on earth are the children and adults of today so weak, spindly, uneducated, that they need Government Department people to tell them that they are weak, spindly, uneducated and WE will tell you how to live your life "for your own best interests". The sooner the PC garbage is chucked out the window, we will have people challenging their lives, their boundaries and being achievers, not wimps.

Incidentally, I don't know a single person that I grew up with, in an enormous group of people who has had skin cancer. Life is for living whatever the outcome and I would rather a short fun one than a timid careful one. That's me...and maybe Toni...and why I get so annoyed with the PC C**p as I call it - in every walk of our lifes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237553 by sod
DiDi same here my wife is English and found it hard to understand:confused: that we ran around barefoot and even took our gumboots off because we loved it:rolleyes: not because we couldn't afford shoes. Our girl and two boys did all the fun things PC is pure cr#P[^] My Dad was English too but we leart him :D :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 7 months ago #237570 by KiwiWill
What's saddest, I think, is that the response to this nonsense comes not from the leaders we elect, who you'd think would encourage a 'give it a go' attitude, or the media - for whom it would make a good story - but from the likes of http://www.readtoyourkids.co.nz/the-dangerous-book-for-boys-nz-edition/ .
It seems people have to be told what childhood was like 30 or so years ago because it's beyond their reach or imagination nowadays.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237643 by sod
Love the add not kids getting dirty just kids having FUN!!!:D

More
13 years 7 months ago #237671 by NZ Appaloosas
Well, I do push the whole sunblock thing, and not being a sun worshipper with my daughter, but then she's fairer than I am, which is hard to do. She's one of those folks who burn, go pink for a while, and then back to white. And since I have some spots that I'm fairly sure that my doctor is going to go ballistic at me when I finally work up the nerve to go see him about them, I'd much rather she be safe.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237684 by wino
I agree with you Didi apart from the sunscreen

I certainly know of people my age (forties) with skin cancer (and one dead at 35)

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

• maggies mum
13 years 7 months ago #237688 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic More PC madness! From Tesco(UK)this time

Toni - Northland;214294 wrote: Offense to who though MM.

Non Christians.

Dunno what being English has to do with any of it tho!:confused:

• Toni - Northland
13 years 7 months ago #237707 by Toni - Northland
But surely it is an offence against Christians to have something taken down/away that has been in place for a couple of thousand years. I tell you, I am not going to capitulate to the PC sillies.

More
13 years 7 months ago #237751 by sod
If Christians complain we're told to be tollerant (sp) of others[}:)] But its not the others that complain [xx(]its changed by the PC brigade[:(!][:(!]
Toni good on you us too:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds