Conundrum!

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #1564 by maggies mum
Conundrum! was created by maggies mum
[?][?][?][?][?][?]

Should I have let my 4 dawgs devour the 3 jehovah witnesses that just arrived unnanounced at my door causing mayhem? Would anyone have noticed their disappearance!

Or was I right in letting them leave alive![}:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 8 months ago #61467 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Conundrum!
You missed your chance MM. I let ours go nuts, and p i s s all over there car tyres. Our horse ate one womans hat once.:D Mind you, since I wrote that letter telling them I would prosecute them if they come here again they have only come twice. The last time was a few weeks ago and I wasn't home and hubby got a Watchtower off them. I found it on the table and went crook. If they come here again I will send them a lawyers letter.

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61469 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Conundrum!
I know but I'm not that keen on cleaning and I was pretty sure there would be some mess! And as I'm not getting a new vacuum cleaner until later I thought better let them go................this time!

More
14 years 8 months ago #61470 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Conundrum!
they must be determined to come up your road.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61472 by maggies mum
I know amazing eh? It's the end of the world up here...........perhaps that's why they came!

More
14 years 8 months ago #61474 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Conundrum!
Didn't the name at the gate put them off?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61478 by maggies mum
Apparently not! Should have left those sickles hanging around too!

More
14 years 8 months ago #61483 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Conundrum!
Maybe they think you are a witchfinder rather than a witch, MM, considering you have a traditional witch 'ducking pond' very near to that sign!!!! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61486 by maggies mum
I probably should add fuel to the fire, but I do have 2 sets of tarot cards and one set of Angel cards! Not that they've been out in a while!
BD has very often called me a witch..............or was that bitch! Heck I can't remember!

More
14 years 8 months ago #61488 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Conundrum!
MM - just tell them you are Catholic, wish them a lovely day and ask them to have it noted on their data base. I did and have never seen them since. They told me they could do that so give it a go. My ex thought he could outwit them with his bible knowledge - why would you?

More
14 years 8 months ago #61496 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Conundrum!
Surely one can obtain a sign for near the front gate which states "No Religious Nutters!"?

Bible bashers really bug me. If their cult is lacking in members to a point where they feel the need to solicit, then maybe it is in need of a natural decline and extinction?

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
14 years 8 months ago #61508 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Conundrum!
Lol MM always good to let them escape the FIRST time ha ha If they return however, then feel free to enforce a suitable punishment:)

More
14 years 8 months ago #61509 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Conundrum!
My problem at the moment is not doorknockers, but phone calls throughout the day from Australia and other overseas places telling me I have won prizes etc etc and am I interested in finding out more? Inevitably involves a meeting/timeshare/mortgage etc. Am getting very short with them indeed! :( But have worked out that if there is a long pause (timedelay) after I say hello, I can just hang up as no-one important [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61512 by maggies mum
Didi I have in the past used a similar line of attack! ;) I normally say I'm an atheist and that I give blood!...Which incidentally was the truth! lol BD's sister, when she was alive, used the outwit them plan of attack! She invited them in and then did outwit them with her bible knowledge, she was a lapsed Catholic, they couldn't get out of the door quick enough!

Whatever religion people choose to have is fine, if thats what they need in their life, but I'm not keen on someone 'selling' it to me. I have had the odd discussion about religion with friends after a few glasses of wine and it has become quite heated! I know! I know! Ya can't believe that of me at all eh? Wyseyes I assume they are trying to save us! Others have been trying to inflict religion on people for centuries, wars have been fought over religion and there will be one fought here if they come again! ;)

Smilie perhaps I should invite them in for some wine!! ;)

tigger my dad has a great of dealing to unwanted telephone sales people, especially double glazing ones. He lets them ramble on for ages acting all keen and impressed with their waffling, then he calls to mum and says,
'Hey dear, theres a very nice man on the phone selling double glazing....do we want some??"
To which she replies, 'No ya silly sod, we've already got it!'
'Oh dear' dad says to the phone, 'we already have it apparently!'

More
14 years 8 months ago #61513 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Conundrum!
I hear ya, Tigger, and they sound really offended or get down right aggressive when you are short with them - hello???

MM, def let the dawgs get em!

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds