Lemon Detox Diet

More
13 years 7 months ago #15561 by Westermans
Lemon Detox Diet was created by Westermans
Has anyone tired it....well i have taken the plunge and started it today...

Its not bad, but i am on first glass of 8 i have to drink through the day, no food at all [:0] i am hoping to make the 5 days and then seeing how i feel and i would really like to do the whole 10 days detox! The health shop where i had to order it from have had nothing but 100% possitive reports and people back for their 3rd and 4th set of detox :D

The weight loss is the added bonus but i feel like i have lost my MOJO just lately, the winter has taken it out of me and i am not as active as i should be, but with a extra 18kg [:I] on me there is no wonder :( this is weight i despretly want to rid myself of as i know its not healthy to be this big [;)]

Watch this space, i may disapear infront of your eyes :D

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #236145 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Lemon Detox Diet
What does it entail? Never heard of it. I could do it, I love my food too much! Let us know how you get on.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 7 months ago #236149 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Lemon Detox Diet
Not heard of it. You will lose heaps of weight if you aren't eating anything! Nevermind if it has lemon in it or not. Or do you just put a slice in your G&T 8 times a day? ;)

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
13 years 7 months ago #236151 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic Lemon Detox Diet
clods... now that is what i thought it was :)
its basically a syrup that you add to water, then cayene pepper then squeeze half a lemon in each glass..onto glass 2 now :)
I also LOVE my food too, hence my size :) and i love my wine too ;) but it has to stop and i need to detox big time...NZ has been far too kind to me since i moved here 4 years ago...i have excess baggage that i do not want anymore and this looked like a good option...the pepper gives it a real kick mind you ;)
I am feeling a bit woozy mind you...i am drinking lots of water with it too, and i am so bad with water i know i dont drink enough so this may just adjust my way of thinking too...we will see...its only day one ;)

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 7 months ago #236153 by Clods
Just as well you have no carpet, as you would wear it out walking back and forth to the loo!

More
13 years 7 months ago #236157 by Westermans
lol...tell me about it...i am hoping that by day 3 i will have got used to not eating...feeding them all dinner tonight will be tough on me...with just my drink in front of me..that will be the biggest test on my will power.

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 7 months ago #236162 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Lemon Detox Diet
I have no idea about this diet, but that which is total starvation means in a few months time you will gain it all plus 30% .. your body will put red flags around that tuff times can be had so store more. that blasted liver wont take too much of lemon and the c.pepper and be fooled.
better to do the small plate and reduce the amount of food by 20%.. and cut the fat/sugars by another 10%.. but good luck with the attempt, and to knock off a few K at the beginning to get ya a go-ing, maybe the stimulus to lose the lot over summer

More
13 years 7 months ago #236167 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic Lemon Detox Diet
There are no 'quick' fixes (you are talking to an expert) - I just drop to 1200 calories a day lose 3 stone over 3 months (then take 3 years to put it back on). I accept this is not the approved method but it means I can eat as I wish - so if today I crave choc biscuits I eat 1200 calories worth - the next day it might be a bottle of red wine :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #236175 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Lemon Detox Diet
I'm with Beedee: if you want to reduce your overall size, the only way to do it is to reduce how much you put in during every day over the loooooong term. And walk!

My recent plan to a friend was start walking every day.
Day 1: walk for ten minutes out from home and walk back.
Day 2 - 7: repeat.
The next week, add five minutes every two or three days to the outward journey.
Keep adding until you walk out for half an hour.
Don't walk more than an hour each day or you'll compensate for tiredness by eating more and it takes too much time out of a busy day.

If you start feeling like it's not enough, good; walk faster.

If it's really not enough, you're beyond me and perhaps some marathon training is your next goal. :)

If you eat reasonably healthily and exercise, so-called detox diets will do very little for you of a positive nature.

More
13 years 7 months ago #236178 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Lemon Detox Diet
My ideal diet is to cut out white foodstuffs, it would be easy and you could still join in the families meals. That covers so many carbs and starches.
Makes meals easy, just no white food (or white based food).
Plus it does not cost a fortune like most fad diets seem to .
Try looking up "lemon detox diet" on Google and see what both sides say.

I do wish you luck if you continue. :D

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 7 months ago #236180 by flyingfeathers
Replied by flyingfeathers on topic Lemon Detox Diet
Having just had glandular fever with a viral infection of the liver I have realised just how precious the liver and body really is.

Before I would have considered a diet like this now there's no way. As other people have said there's no quick fix to lose weight and starving yourself could end up being very dangerous.

Way to go is healthy eating and overnight I've had to have a radical diet change to include even more healthy food, I was pretty healthy before with the odd glass of wine (weekends) and chocolate/nibbles (well most nights :) ).

At the moment I'm still on no drugs, no alcohol, hardly any fatty foods and lots of fruit, veg. Last week tried for the first time to have a panadol for a headache and it's caused my liver to flare up again, this is two months on from when it first started. Not sure how much longer it'll take to get my body right but there's not much more healthy eating I can do !

Good luck with it if you do stick it out but really don't think it's the way to go at all IMO :o

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
13 years 7 months ago #236182 by Westermans
i knew i would get so much crap but i thought i would post it anyway :)
The drink has all the goodness your whole body needs and it rids you of toxins in your body, that is the first and foremost of the detox the weight loss is the added bonus.
I have tried the reducing food intake, i dont eat fatty foods and eat very healthy foods, its the wine that kills me ;)
I am always on my feet up and down paddocks and although i need more exercise i am in a rut and not in the right frame of mind to do so..this detox is to help me with all that, it has been tried and tested by many and is a sfe way to detox my body the weight loss is just the added bonus.
I am feeling fine and when i get hungy i make another drink and it works well. I will let you knnow how i go.
the lemon detox diet is on the net so you cna read about it yoursselves...i know its not everyones cup of tea but this is my kick start to getting my life back in order after a very slugish winter.

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 7 months ago #236184 by Celtic_Kiwi
Replied by Celtic_Kiwi on topic Lemon Detox Diet
As with anything that uses the word 'diet', I think good luck, but be careful.

I have PCOS and weight is one of the many issues associated with it.

I like Peter's idea .... lol.

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
13 years 7 months ago #236190 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Lemon Detox Diet
Westie, I dont think anyone was giving you CRAP, but the caution that with all these type of fast fixes they often leave a much worse problem a few months down track.. you yourself have said things look glum at times for you, and cos we all wanna keep you well away from that cloud we are giving caution clouds so you dont fall into a deeper hole.. ya see we luv ya as much as MM likes her wine

More
13 years 7 months ago #236197 by Clods
My friend is doing something similar, but was given it to do for a week before having an operation. She is allowed 300 calories a day, drinking clear liquids. Bovril drink, clear soup, and sugar free jellies.

Its about the detox and clearing your body of everything. Not something recommended for more than a week, but gets your body started.

I did ask if wine counted as a clear liquid, so I could do it with her, to encourage. But she is doing no cooking - husband is doing it all, so she doesn't even get tempted to nibble.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds