Liverpool kiss

More
13 years 7 months ago #15541 by Ghilly
Liverpool kiss was created by Ghilly
Last night I noticed Artemis was limping badly. After milking the other two and feeding everyone, I managed to grab Artemis and tether her in the shelter for a look see. Her hooves needed clipping and in spite of the hour, I decided to clip them right there and then.

I picked up her back hoof and she promptly swung her head around and nutted me fair on the top of my head. It took a few seconds for things to settle so I just stood there for a moment and gave her a piece of my scrambled mind. When the blue smoke cleared I got her hoof again and had a look, clipped and checked again. No evidence of any problems just overgrown.

She is such a tart to try and catch and she weighs a ton so I have to make sure when I do catch her, she's not going to just pull me off my feet.

I did two hooves and she spilt the entire bucket of warm water and dettol during the effort. I got to the third hoof and she gave a little kick just as I was using the hoof knife so I sliced into my thumb knuckle. Blood everywhere! I had a nappy liner I'd used to clean Korus teats and udder with so I wrapped that around the cut and pulled it tight so I didn't keep leaking everywhere.

Artemis is still limping, all hooves ok but I have been very woozey in the head and spent most of a wonderful sunny day asleep. I can string a sentence together in my head but it's a real effort to actually get it out without forgetting what is was I was going to say.... that could be just normal.... certainly don't feel totally on form. I have the slighest headache but nothing at all much. I've had concussion before and I was sick as a dog with a raging headache, so I don't think that's it.....

I have the Clevedon Show tomorrow. I've packed the ute and stuff but whether I make it or not will depend on clarity of mind tomorrow. Right now, I still have to feed and milk and all I want to do is sleep.

Buggar!

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #235950 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Liverpool kiss
Oh Yakut, I hope you are feeling ok tomorrow. If you have some Arnica, take some. A few doses 15 mins apart. Yes they can be little buggers and kick out. have had a head to head with one of mine while trying to do something to them. Makes you just want to dong them ha ha.
Let me know how you are in the morning. Take Care

More
13 years 7 months ago #236008 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Liverpool kiss
How are you feeling today Yakut??

More
13 years 7 months ago #236066 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Liverpool kiss
Careful you're not concussed! Yeouch

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 7 months ago #236088 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Liverpool kiss
I made it to the show so I reckon I'm ok. A bit achey but I'll mend.

Because I slept most of yesterday I had the weirdest nights sleep last night. I must have fallen asleep because I can't remember anything after the end of the second story of Winnie the Pooh, I'm usually out before Pooh gets the balloons from Christopher Robin in the first story. I doubt I'll hear him coming downstairs on his head behind Christopher Robin tonight. It was quite windy today and being out in the wind all day is quite tiring. I could probably fall asleep on the couch right now but I have some feed bins to wash out, goats to milk and feed and I need to finish unloading the ute.

Artemis is still limping and I think it may be because she is too fat. She doesn't get any more than the rest of them but man is she a size! I'm putting her weight at a rough guess of over 100kgs. She desperatley needs to go on a diet! I may need to tie her up or confine her to the kid pen or something, for her own good! Laminitis was mentioned today but I don't know what the symptoms are for that.

I had a sore patch on my head but as long as I don't touch it, it doesn't feel sore. I have a slight headache but I don't know if that is just from tiredness..... I need a sleep!

Yakut

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds