A welcome invasion!

More
13 years 8 months ago #15515 by reggit
A welcome invasion! was created by reggit
The brickies have arrived! :D Thanks to the bricks not arriving Monday as promised, they've been delayed a bit, but its finally happening. Expected to take two weeks to get it done. We were out there last night putting up the flashings around the windows and doors and unfortunately ran out, so they are working around the area we haven't finished yet - getting some more supplies today.

The plasterer reckons he'll have the place plastered by Xmas - wow.

And plumber, sparky, diggers and water carriers are booked in for next Tuesday to get our two water tanks and septic system in.

The only black spot is Telecom, who promised us we'd have a landline and broadband by this Weds just past. They called to say it was all connected, then called a while later to say no, a problem, and another 7 day wait [:(!] In the meantime I am having to drive my laptop into town to get a strong enough signal to send emails with attachments. Thank goodness they are the exception as far as service goes.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #235627 by Kiwismum
Replied by Kiwismum on topic A welcome invasion!
Wow thats moving really fast Tigger, you must be thrilled.

Telecom is always a problem even when they shouldn't be, after all, all they really have to do is put the plug in the right hole. Good luck with it.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
A person only gains light
by bringing light into another's life
www.dreamforthree.co.nz/

More
13 years 8 months ago #235629 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic A welcome invasion!
Awesome news Tigger, keep the whip cracking [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 8 months ago #235631 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic A welcome invasion!
Will you be in by christmas?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 8 months ago #235637 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic A welcome invasion!
Should be at least camping in there, TKP, with running water, and one functional shower and toilet! Laundry area will have to do as the kitchen.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 7 months ago #236328 by reggit
Today's roll call will be:

One plumber
One sparky
One engineer
Six brickies
One lot of earthworks machinery
One transporter for earthworks machinery
One truck with a septic tank
One truck with two water tanks
Several trucks of sand
A truck full of metal
One very busy builder [:0]

And one rapidly disappearing Tigger leaving to find sanctuary elsewhere [}:)]

PS I feel like adding a partridge in a pear tree at the end, but that would be the straw that broke the camels back as far as space around here!!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #236331 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic A welcome invasion!
Have a great day, take heaps of photos......... you will regret it if you don't [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 7 months ago #236525 by reggit
I am so incredibly glad I went out this morning - and didn't get back til 1.3oish!

As well as all the above happening, the water table broke through about a metre below the surface when the digger did its thing, resulting in the septic tank floating until they filled it with water (I think, haven't got the full story yet) and a mad dash to get a pump to pump the water out of the rapidly increasing hole interior. So plumber was up to his knees trying to get a good flat surface for the tanks.

The hi-ab truck had to leave the trailer on the right of way and bring one tank in at a time. They are huge out of the ground!!

In the meantime, a sheep down the end of the right of way had discovered the hole the baling contractor left in the fence when he finished at some ungodly hour of last night (well, early this morning really) and it was all hands on deck to get him back home :D

The water tanker arrived just as the lids were being taken off the tanks - perfect timing - and I was running round with doorstep sammies for the boys as they'd not eaten since mid morning, as it all took much longer than expected.

The place looked like a bomb site when I got home, but the digger driver is now replacing the soil round the tank (having left the top soil in a nice pile for me [;)]) and its looking much more rehabilitated now. Only thing is he's put the soil on the main access area for machinery to our back paddock that was to be silaged - so our neighbour who does small hay bales is going to do it instead as his machinery is much smaller.

All in all a productive day even if I didn't lift a finger myself [}:)]

• maggies mum
13 years 7 months ago #236528 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A welcome invasion!
Hahaha! Yer poor OH having to deal with all that whilst ya was stuffing yer gob wiv apple crumble! LOL :D:D:D:D

More
13 years 7 months ago #236538 by reggit
The apple crumble is turning into apple turnover in my tummy from all the reverberations from the digger in our portacabin, can't beleive how much its moving!! [:0][}:)]

More
13 years 7 months ago #236545 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic A welcome invasion!
it sounds like a lot of fun..oh how i remmber it well...its so nice to be on site and see it all going on though :) i hope lots of pics are being taken...we took pics from a certain point and when we click through the photos its like lego going up...so nice to see...we have so many pics of it at various stages, i had to keep the UK up to date so i have them on my facebook so everyone can see them without sending via mail..much easier that way...

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 7 months ago #236909 by reggit
Well the engineer has designed a 22m x 4m x 700mm mound for our effluent field that I wasn't quite expecting :( but I have got my head around it now and we can incorporate it into the landscaping. Took 12 truckloads of sand [:0] so not looking forward to that bill. But that is the worst of the really messy stuff done as far as the ground goes, until we do the final scraping and contouring.

Brickies still here, for some reason there is a 7-10 day wait for building inspection even though everyone is telling us the permit numbers are waaaaayyyy down, so can't quite figure that out...:confused:

Now...Telecom tells us that the landline will be on today. Not holding my breath with their track record so far...

More
13 years 7 months ago #237257 by reggit
Cripes, brickies must have decided on one big push to finish it, they have been arriving all afternoon, there are about 8 of them now going flat out. And still no sign of the inspector :( which means they are having to leave bricks out here and there so he can check to make sure the cavity is okay, which means they will have to make a special trip out to fill in those holes...what a pain!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds