Annoying human kids

More
14 years 8 months ago #1549 by Ghilly
Annoying human kids was created by Ghilly
'Tis the season... again! [}:)][}:)][}:)]

The local kids here have a new pastime. They get lengths of cloth, towel maybe, twist it and spend the afternoon cracking it like a whip. A bit like the old teatowel 'whip your sibling round the bum whilst doing the dishes' game but this one is like living next to a shooting range.
Right now, I'd like to line 'em all up along a fence and whip their arses with their own noise making cloth, I know, I know, not allowed to do that any more, not even if you're the parent but these kids need some form of kick up the bum. They're driving me nuts!!!! the comments made by the local mechanic lead me to believe he's not fussed either.

They were at this 'hobby' last year and I thought the novelty had worn off but no, they're back, seemingly at the same time daylight saving started. I could phone the police and complain, disturbing the peace? but I doubt they'd take much notice.
I'm surprised someone hasn't already phoned them with reports of gunshots. That's what it sounds like and it's been going on for over an hour now. As soon as the little bleeders get home from school, they're at it. Intermitantly all day on the weekends and holidays.

Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!! [}:)]

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #61303 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Annoying human kids
pity you could not phone the police and say it sounds like gunfire where you are

Rob

More
14 years 8 months ago #61307 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Annoying human kids
I've thought of it Rob, I've thought of it.
I just don't want to be had up for wasting Police time.

They're still at it by the way.

Yakut

More
14 years 8 months ago #61312 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Annoying human kids
Might be a job for the community constable - if you have one in your area. Maybe he could have a word and move them on.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 8 months ago #61320 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Annoying human kids
hmm we used to do that, well the teatowel thing[:I]

They must be very good at it to make such a loud noise, I was hopeless so got on the receiving end quite a bit..ouch [:0]

Surely it wont last to long as I would imagine it would really hurt if you get whipped... Im sure they will get bored and move on to something else.

Mind you it could be worse, could be a motorbike going around and around and around all day...or a slug gun on things..

Jan

More
14 years 8 months ago #61321 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Annoying human kids
Get some earplugs or put on loud music and keep repeating to yourself 'this too shall pass, this too shall pass'. As Jan says, as long as the next phase isn't more objectionable...

[}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 8 months ago #61325 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Annoying human kids
It would indeed be annoying, heres hoping it will soon pass and so will the kids Ha ha. If it gets too annoying try ringing the police and tell them its scareing the stock and see if maybe they could come round hopefully when the little blighters are there doing it.

More
14 years 8 months ago #61332 by Ghilly
It went on for probably two hours. You'd think their arms would get tired. It makes the same noise a bullwhip makes when it's cracked, like a gun going off. We don't have a community constable, I think even the local police station is more there for traffic than other offenses. They use it like a base for the SH1 and 2 patrol cars rather than an actual police station. In fact, they are just around the corner from the noise makers, literally only 100 metres or so. It could quite easily be heard by them, especially if the wind is in the right direction.

I really sympathise with those people who end up with neighbours who turn their paddocks into motorcross trails. There is one paddock not far from here that's used for that now and then and one of the neighbours complained. Nothing could be done. It was all happening on private land. Really, I think the councils up and down the country need to get some sort of law enforced to prohibit this sort of thing somehow.
We have enough problems with low flying helicopters and loop the loop characters zooming through the skies.
Some git in a helicopter, just the other day, came over barely high enough to clear the pylons I would say. Scared the horse in the next door paddock and had my goats running for cover.
A while back another chopper came in at a very low angle and landed opposite a business in the main road into Pokeno. It was there for a short while before taking off and heading north. That one came directly over our place, scared all the livestock half stupid. I was greatful one of our neighbours wasn't out riding her horse in the big paddock next door. She may well have been thrown.

Next week is Guy Fawkes. Oh joy! That means we not only have to keep all our house pets indoors and an eye on the outside animals for that night but for the next few months, depending on who's having a party, when and where.

Grumble, grumble, grumble [}:)]

Yakut

More
14 years 8 months ago #61336 by llamafarma
Replied by llamafarma on topic Annoying human kids
Who would have thought there would be noise in the country[?]:D

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

• maggies mum
14 years 8 months ago #61345 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Annoying human kids
For some reason this thread has reminded of 'Clackers' anyone remember them! My parents thought they were the most annoying thing in the world, I wish I still had a pair!

More
14 years 8 months ago #61355 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Annoying human kids
Try what they did in Aussie to break up congregations of kids/youth - Neil Diamond at loud volumes - try your Doris Day albums, Yakut!! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 8 months ago #61361 by Ghilly
Ha, I would Tigger but I doubt our stereo would crank up enough to be heard as far as the fishpond a few meteres from our deck. :p

We had a neighbour in Christchurch who had one of those boom boom stereos, you know the ones with massive bass that make the walls rattle?. After several hours of this I blew my cool big time, got my Bodhran (an Irish drum) and marched up and down the carport with it. It didn't work. I was reluctant to belt it too hard cos I didn't want to put the tippler (the stick you play it with) through the skin so I changed tactics and used an upturned bucket and a stick. The git had it so loud it made no difference.

On the other side of the house was a neighbour with a big dog that would bark all night. At three am it started barking. Not constant woof woof woof but that intermitant woof woof...... wooof, woof, (a minute or so later, woof etc. I finally got up, went to the window nearest the dog which happened to be the bathroom window, opened it and screamed "SHUT THE ^*#^ UP!!!" not a sound, not even a whimper.

How it's owners slept through the noise it was making, let alone me screaming over the fence at it, I don't know.

Luckily the only near neighbour we have who plays music at earsplitting levels only sticks on the music when he's very close to being legless. By the time the CD has finsihed, he's fallen asleep so no more noise. ;)

Yakut

More
14 years 8 months ago #61365 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic Annoying human kids
Ah yes the good old clackers!!

My older brother had some, i wasn't allowed them as I was deemed to young (not that stopped me from having a sneak play[}:)]....and yes they did hurt if you got it wrong!)

Quote from wikipedia

"The term clackers refers to a vintage toy which was briefly popular in the early 1970s. Its name refers to the fact that its point was to have the two balls of which the toy consisted of clicking against each other. It was similar to the actual Argentine weapon known as bolas.

They are formed out of two hard plastic marbles, each about two inches in diameter, attached to a ring with sturdy string. The player puts his or her finger in the ring, allowing the marbles or balls to hang below. Through a gentle up-and-down hand motion, the two balls swing apart and together, making the clacking noise that give the toy its name. After a little practice, it is possible to get the marbles swinging so that they knock together above the hand as well as below.

Clackers were eventually discontinued after children got injured whilst playing with them: besides being fairly heavy and fast-moving, the spheres, being made of hard acrylic plastic, could shatter upon striking each other, presenting a safety hazard."

Jan

More
14 years 8 months ago #61367 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Annoying human kids
Talk to the parents? Are they there? As a mother, mine would have been stopped within 5 minutes if I could hear such an annoying noise.

Re the helicopters. I had planes skimming the top of my place and one day got so fed up I rang the Police and asked "If you Police the land, who polices the sky?" After the guy stopped laughing and realised I was serious, he referred me to Search and Rescue in Wellington. So - I rang them and the guy took it very seriously and told me that if I could get the time, description of the plane(s) etc, they would look into it as there were a number of complaints in our area. Not long after, despite my not following up, the problem stopped. This was a few years ago so not sure who does it now but you could do as I did. The planes were not allowed to fly under 500 feet from memory and the helicopters are allowed a bit lower (which is ridiculous) but it may be worth checking up what they can and can't do now. Skimming over stock is not on ever and even the Rescue helicopter which flys over (near) my property every Sunday without fail keeps at a good height and if anyone had to keep their altitude low, I would have thought it was them. I would imagine you just have a thoughtless (uncaring ******) pilot breaking all the rules with impunity because no one is reporting it. Hope that helps.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 8 months ago #61372 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Annoying human kids

quote:Originally posted by Yakut

'Tis the season... again! [}:)][}:)][}:)]

The local kids here have a new pastime. They get lengths of cloth, towel maybe, twist it and spend the afternoon cracking it like a whip. A bit like the old teatowel 'whip your sibling round the bum whilst doing the dishes' game but this one is like living next to a shooting range.
Right now, I'd like to line 'em all up along a fence and whip their arses with their own noise making cloth, I know, I know, not allowed to do that any more, not even if you're the parent but these kids need some form of kick up the bum. They're driving me nuts!!!! the comments made by the local mechanic lead me to believe he's not fussed either.

They were at this 'hobby' last year and I thought the novelty had worn off but no, they're back, seemingly at the same time daylight saving started. I could phone the police and complain, disturbing the peace? but I doubt they'd take much notice.
I'm surprised someone hasn't already phoned them with reports of gunshots. That's what it sounds like and it's been going on for over an hour now. As soon as the little bleeders get home from school, they're at it. Intermitantly all day on the weekends and holidays.

Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!! [}:)]

Yakut

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Are you serious??? Is this a P I S S take????? I don't believe your comments are for real.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds