Crowded House last night

More
16 years 7 months ago #1543 by reggit
...was anyone else there? My ears are ringing, I have very little voice left from singing along, and my eyes are like tired things, after not getting back until after 1am...a great night had by all!

What a fantastic band...scary to think last time I saw them live was 20 years ago in Palmy North.

:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maggies mum
16 years 7 months ago #61184 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Crowded House last night
20 years ago! Boy you are getting on a bit aintcha! ;)

Did you go to WW again yesterday at all?

More
16 years 7 months ago #61185 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Crowded House last night
Nah, ran out of time! I'm so old now I can't do things as fast as I used to! [}:)]:D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
16 years 7 months ago #61187 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Crowded House last night
Poor ole thing ya! ;) We didn't get back there either!

Hey our friends got Supreme Champion with their humongous Boer Buck!

More
16 years 7 months ago #61196 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Crowded House last night
I went to one of the last Split Enz concerts at QE2 in Christchurch. That's going back a bit now [:I] I think it was their farewell tour of NZ. The Topp Twins supported them.
The friend I went with decided we should paint our faces. I wanted a blue and white stripe deal but she didn't have white, so I went with yellow. I looked like a ruddy beach towel and afterwards, I couldn't get the pigment out after washing and scrubbing and using witch hazel. Thinking about it now, I could have used a bit of red writing 'Park Drive' and I would have looked like a packet of baccy.

I think you're very brave, Tigger. I couldn't handle a concert now, the noise, the crush of people, often the lighting with those strobe lights.
I think the last concert I went to was Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Christchurch town hall. Quite a sedate affair from my vantage point, up in the gods. All I could see of Stevie Ray was the top of his hat, but then I think that's about all anyone saw from anywhere. He tended to play with his head well down over the fretboard.... oh, nope, I tell a lie, I went to see Victor Borge but that was in a different league.... and Julian Clary, twice but once again, he's in another league as well.

Yakut

More
16 years 7 months ago #61204 by Birman Babe
I went to INXS concert last year and loved it; hubby HATED it. He used to love the band when we were trolling around Oz in our young days but he's 1/2 deaf now & reckons he couldnt hear the words properly..lol..guess thats the last concert he'll be taking me to :-)

More
16 years 7 months ago #61224 by llamafarma
Replied by llamafarma on topic Crowded House last night
Saw Katchafire in Te Kuiti Friday night, an awesome night, maybe 250 people, and they laid on nibbles too!!!!!

2 Goats, 7 Chooks, 1 Cat 1 Dog, (RIP Jake) & 2 Kunekune's.......& a fabulous new rescue GSD,for now.......

More
16 years 7 months ago #61255 by Celtic_Kiwi
WHAT !!!!

Crowdie was playing and I didn't know about it !!!

Been a Finn fan for now approaching 30 years.

Are there any more concerts happening? In particular, in Wellington?

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
16 years 7 months ago #61425 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic Crowded House last night
Crowded House play tomorrow in Wgtn:D[8D]

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds