my TM ads for lambs got pulled

More
13 years 8 months ago #15419 by Hestia
I could not find right way to put my lambs in on trdeme,,but found a place where it said animlas other,,so I listed them and the ads got pulled.
reason you can not auction a pet.
no specified reason more than that.
OK, I thought that I did find the wrong category and why didn't tm just put it in the right place or even tell me in their mail where to do it?

ok after some investigation I did find out that they are to be listed under farming business,,ok surfed in theer and got a shock!
29 dollars per ad! what the frig?!?!?!??
29 dollars to put up an ad for a lamb that I want 65 dollars for!?!?!

what the frig is wrong with tm??

you can list a pet and get 2.000 for it,,but then it is no auction,,
but to advertise a lamb is 29 dollars!?

do not think so!
and why do they not inform of where to put the ad when they pull it and give a reason but also with an explanation of to where to put it?
message they sent me was just something kind of telling that I could not auction a pet and I had to check that it came to a good home,,

how do you others sell your lambs??

1 hite 4 month old neutered boy,,to a good home,,for 65 dollars.
1 black 4 month old ram lamb, not neutered to a good home,,for 65 dollars.
One 2 year old ram,,after suffolk and black ram but he is still white! 65 dolars

ooh forgot the last one is also only to a good home! :)

ok, kate,,advertising not to be done here,,just wanted to get to know how you others advertise your lambs when selling them one by one,,not to a tm cost of 29 dollars???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #234321 by spoook
Have you tried LSB classifieds ? Might be cheaper to use a stock agent than TM.
Have just looked at TM, there are lambs listed for $10 and he must have paid the $29 fee [:0] He must have a few he will be selling on the one add to make it worthwhile.
Amazing, your lamb could be a pet but they don;t like you listing them as such.

I had some birds listed, I paid for it too, and they withdrew it. They said it was because I was selling more than one and trying to avoid success fees. There are none on a classified ad [:0]
I have sent them an email to find out why but as yet, suprise, suprise, no reply.
I have relisted, same photos, different words. Let's see how this one goes.
Have already had an enquiry from it and not about the birds for sale, others in the photo. Fingers crossed.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 8 months ago #234323 by Hestia
I have listed them on lsb now,,
TM that used to be so good is doing some really strange things.

I have mailed TM to ask why they don't point the right way when they list and just tell me off for selling pets without asking for good home,,

More
13 years 8 months ago #234336 by bev
Replied by bev on topic my TM ads for lambs got pulled
Dont worry, at least you wont be getting charged $39 for cattle listings come monday.
I had a add pulled as well, they are complete dicks, they get no success fee with livestock, so why withdraw them?

More
13 years 8 months ago #234385 by Birman Babe
If they are "pet" lambs then they can go under Pets Other but all the others have to go under farming & pay the price. Unfair I know! But if you can sell 3 lambs for $29 success fee then thats cheaper than newspaper, etc. and the chances are they will sell as TM seem to have success with farm animals.

More
13 years 8 months ago #234387 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic my TM ads for lambs got pulled
I had a few animals on watchlist Hestia, found the ad's expired and then went to the new listings to find most also pulled by TM. I don't know why, the original ad's seemed ok to me too.

However I also participated in another ad and asked questions and found the seller less than polite and responsive to my questions, which were repeated by others..... they were able to sell their item successfully although less than their reserve, however their response won't be forgotten by me and as I know the seller is just around the corner less than 1 klm away, my memory is long...[;)]

More
13 years 8 months ago #234393 by kindajojo
I had the same problem so I am not using trade me anymore, I just sold my ram abd effectively the fees came to more than 20% of the sale. I had some interest in some of the this years lambs and would have been prepared to list but again why pay $29.00 for a $70 sheep thats getting up to nealy 50%. May be if enough people suggest a lifestyle site they will go for a % of the sale ie 5%.

ie half wiltshire ewe lambs for sale plus their mother half dorper/east friesan 3 years great mums ...movin into pure wilti this year and would condsider swop for pure wilti 100% shedding ram non stricklamd stock to keep the genetics wide

More
13 years 8 months ago #234396 by Hestia
tm wants almost 40-50% of what I want for my lambs.
they must be thinking the wrong way!

I do not really understand this,,if I sell a book for 100 dollars they just want a few dollars out of that but if I sell a lamb for 50 dollars they want 40%!

guess I am tro try to list them on zillion or whatever it is called.

More
13 years 8 months ago #234397 by Hestia

Birman Babe;210897 wrote: If they are "pet" lambs then they can go under Pets Other but all the others have to go under farming & pay the price. Unfair I know! But if you can sell 3 lambs for $29 success fee then thats cheaper than newspaper, etc. and the chances are they will sell as TM seem to have success with farm animals.

I was going to list them separately,,so that was 29 less for each.
Or maybe just put them in the freezer a bit too early.

More
13 years 8 months ago #234410 by red2140
You can list your lambs in other pets$5 listing fee) as a classified. Pets/other is an auction and not allowed to list animals, pets or otherwise. I have used OTHER PETS to sell lambs in the past and as long as they are the same age & price it is allowed. You couldnt however pay one listing fee and list lamb #1 $65, lamb #2 $55 adult $25, all prices must be the same. Hope that helps

More
13 years 8 months ago #234451 by Hestia
Thanks,,I have now listed one of the lambs as other pet,,5 dollars cost,,no auction,,just a fixed price.
see if they reject this ad or let it sit.

I wish trademe could with their reject e-mail could tell how to advertise and not just kick the ad out.

More
13 years 8 months ago #234474 by sundaysbest
TM is channelling evil since Fairfax or whoever brought them.
Same thing - listed my old horse flat and paid $39 to do so, someone used Buy Now and I get charged another $39!!!
Sundays

More
13 years 8 months ago #234514 by Hestia

sundaysbest;210999 wrote: TM is channelling evil since Fairfax or whoever brought them.
Same thing - listed my old horse flat and paid $39 to do so, someone used Buy Now and I get charged another $39!!!
Sundays

fairfax is american (?) and they do not see how little we earn here?

More
13 years 8 months ago #234537 by Simkin
... do they keep the 29 Dollars when they pull the ad??

More
13 years 8 months ago #234627 by bev
Replied by bev on topic my TM ads for lambs got pulled
nope, they return it, thankfully, otherwise i would have to ring the 0900 number and call them theifs!!

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds