Google searching is driving me mad...

More
13 years 7 months ago #15362 by DiDi
I decided (because I didn't know) to Google "When were the depression years?". It opened to a page in The Encylopaedia of New Zealand that I tried to load on here because it was really interesting in light of what is being discussed on this site re the potential depression.

No - couldn't do it. So I went back in on the Webpage www.teara.govt.nz and no way could I find it under the heading that the first thread gave me which was the above Web address/1966/Industrial Development/Introduction/en.

If you put that in, shouldn't it open to that page? I have noticed this more often lately. I am as clean as a whisle (to the best of all my programmes can tell me) of spyware etc so why can't I get where I want to go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #233501 by grannie Mary
try "the great depression"

Mary

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble,
It empties today of its strength."

More
13 years 7 months ago #233506 by beedee
Depressing when that happens

• Jack
13 years 7 months ago #233517 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Google searching is driving me mad...
Gidday

If my memory serves me right it was from 1229 to 1935

More
13 years 7 months ago #233519 by spoook
Jack, that was a l-o-n-g depression [:0] Maybe 1929??

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 7 months ago #233530 by ame
I think you'll find that the page might have been removed, its name may have changed, or it may be temporarily unavailable.

Google trawls the web periodically to find what's out there. It makes an index of what it found, and you search that index. Over time the pages might change, but Google's index won't necessarily change to match, which is why you are sometimes presented with out-of-date results.

One way to overcome this problem is to select [Cached] (if it appears underneath the search result), which will show you Google's copy of the page, which might differ from the current page.

A

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds