I'm not on bebo

More
15 years 4 months ago #232604 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic I'm not on bebo
One small worry I have about Facebook is that the daughter who lives in Cambodia suggested we sign up so we could look at her photos of Angkor Wat etc. We did and its great, but she recently sent me a photo of her cousin which she had taken off cousin's site. If I wanted to I could send it on to anyone I like - surely there is a lack of security about being able to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #232619 by sundaysbest
Replied by sundaysbest on topic I'm not on bebo
Facebook is the most secure of them all out there. Your daughter and cousin must have very low security settings on their pages.
You can only access pages where the page owner has given you access.
Sundays

• maggies mum
15 years 4 months ago #232630 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic I'm not on bebo
Ah but I think that if you comment on your 'friends' photo, other friends of your can also comment....so I was told anyway!

More
15 years 4 months ago #232646 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic I'm not on bebo
:o[:0][:0][:0]:o:o:o:o:o You are SO not going to believe this................. Oh how silly do I feel at the moment???[:0][:0]:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I guess my kids could put me in a home now.
My senior moments have just been proved. i went back to facebook and thought, bugger it instead of trying to register, i will just put in email address and password! i did AND...........[:I][:I] There it was. It worked Proving that yes I had once, can't remember when but I HAD indeed registerd for Facebook! Now HOW :o:o:o am I? I can not believe I didn't remember Ha ha. We need an "egg on face" smiley

Ok now serious ?? Do you HAVE to have "Outlook" as your email default???? I have Outlook express on the computer and it wont work to try and find friends :( :( I was gonna look you up MM. Oh I don't like all this technical stuff, especially when its mixed with senior moments.
Ok can anyone shed any light on my question? I hope so

• maggies mum
15 years 4 months ago #232654 by maggies mum
Oh ya daft mare! What are we going to do with ya! ;)

Sorry don't know what you mean about the Outlook thingy! I'll PM you my Profile page, then ask to be my friend and I'll accept you.........perhaps! ;)

More
15 years 4 months ago #232657 by Dream Weaver
where would i be without ya.
When yo0u go to search for friends it tells me that i haven't got microsoft outlook as my default browser. I use outlook express.
If you search for friends what do you use eg: outlook????

• maggies mum
15 years 4 months ago #232658 by maggies mum
I got ya luv! I'm now wading my way through all your postings! Muhahahah! ;-) lol

More
15 years 4 months ago #232659 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic I'm not on bebo
Me too MM??? :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

• maggies mum
15 years 4 months ago #232679 by maggies mum
What you wanna be my friend lol! :D

More
15 years 4 months ago #232851 by AdoubleJ
Replied by AdoubleJ on topic I'm not on bebo
Yes - pretty please ..................if you can put up with me......... :D

AdoubleJ

12 dogs, 6 cats, 1 x Hereford cross /Cassie/Casserole, 7 girlie sheep and of course Rambo and IggyPop! and chooks!

More
15 years 4 months ago #233001 by George
Replied by George on topic I'm not on bebo
To find your friends using the "Find your friends" link you do need Outlook as far as I know. It searches your outlook address book for you.

However, you can find people you know another way. At the top of the page there is a search box. Just type your friend's email address or name into that box and it will give you some options. If you do name, you will probably get more than one possible person. If you do email address and they don't have a person with that email registered, it gives you the option to invite your friend to join facebook.

When you have found someone you know, just click "Add as friend" to ask them if they would like to be your friend on facebook.

More
15 years 4 months ago #233044 by Dream Weaver
Thanks for that George

More
15 years 4 months ago #233079 by jeannielea
Sundays, I only just got back so didn't see your reply before. What I meant was that my daughter has access to her cousin's page and she copied the photo off and e-mailed to me. It was the copying and e-mailing someone else's photos that I wondered about.

More
15 years 4 months ago #233082 by ame
Replied by ame on topic I'm not on bebo
Yes, if you can see the photo (i.e. it is being displayed on your web browser) then you can take a copy and do whatever you like with it (including sending it on to anyone you choose). It cannot be stopped.

A

More
15 years 4 months ago #233200 by jeannielea
That's what bothered me. In this case it was perfectly innocent - 'Hey Mum isn't Jane like her Mum (my sister) now?' But if I wanted to I could send it on to whoever. I wonder how many who put photos up realise?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds