Corruption of young males

More
13 years 8 months ago #15275 by GBpeter
Telegraph 7:49AM BST 23 Oct 2008

UK Telegraph 24.10

Karl Walker was told by a cleaning firm that he is not old enough to use hot water, washing up liquid and furniture polish or to empty bins.
The AS-level student and a friend were hired by Apollo Cleaning and worked in offices in Chippenham, Wiltshire, for a week until a regional manager ordered them to stop. The firm says it is following government guidelines by insisting on safety clearance.
At 16, Karl is old enough to join the Army and fire a gun, play the lottery, have sex legally and get married, but the firm said he required special permission to use cleaning equipment like vacuum cleaners.

Quite right too - young males shouldn't be exposed to this kind of thing or next he will be doing the ironing and cooking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #232400 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Corruption of young males
:D

At the risk of going slightly to the side of the topic - but on the general winge about cotton wooling people...

Was stunned to see a group of kids on their walking school bus route having to wear hi-vis jackets! They were on the footpath for goodness sake! So much for teaching them how to operate in the real world where they have to rely on eyes and ears and common sense and NOT wear hi-vis when walking a few blocks...:(

Or I wonder if it was to ward off the dangerous oldies on mobility scooters..????

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 8 months ago #232414 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Corruption of young males

tigger;208689 wrote: :D

At the risk of going slightly to the side of the topic - but on the general winge about cotton wooling people...

Was stunned to see a group of kids on their walking school bus route having to wear hi-vis jackets! They were on the footpath for goodness sake! So much for teaching them how to operate in the real world where they have to rely on eyes and ears and common sense and NOT wear hi-vis when walking a few blocks...:(

Or I wonder if it was to ward off the dangerous oldies on mobility scooters..????

Tigger, the kids at the school next to us wear their hi-vis jackets all day long. Must be hard on the teachers eyesight.

More
13 years 8 months ago #232416 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Corruption of young males
Good grief! :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
13 years 8 months ago #232440 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Corruption of young males

tigger;208689 wrote: :D

Ah well if there weren't so many morons driving on the roads out there, kids wouldn't need to wear them. People have been known to be mowed down on pavements to ya know![B)]

More
13 years 8 months ago #233112 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Corruption of young males
One poor oldie on a mobility scooter got run over last week. Not a good result.

Peter, you know that young males can't die from ironing and cooking. In fact it helps them to survive in the real world. An awful lot of girls can't iron or cook these days either. So young males just have to learn to fend for themselves.

My sons starting cooking lessons at a very young age. They are now in their 20s and can feed themselves quite well. :P

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

More
13 years 8 months ago #233141 by GBpeter
Replied by GBpeter on topic Corruption of young males

Inger;209453 wrote:
Peter, you know that young males can't die from ironing and cooking. In fact it helps them to survive in the real world. An awful lot of girls can't iron or cook these days either. So young males just have to learn to fend for themselves.

My sons starting cooking lessons at a very young age. They are now in their 20s and can feed themselves quite well. :P

I heard a rumour that it was because their mother was always out chasing Dexter steers :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #233266 by NZ Appaloosas

Inger;209453 wrote: An awful lot of girls can't iron or cook these days either.

OMG, I had a flatmate like that! She couldn't even make a box of mac-n-cheese. I came home to a disaster one day--she thought hard-boiled eggs didn't need to be cooked in water.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 8 months ago #233276 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Corruption of young males
How about cooking lettuce/burnt boiled eggs.My sister did both:):D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds