Im ill again

More
13 years 8 months ago #15037 by Westermans
Im ill again was created by Westermans
I have no energy to look for the thread when i fell ill last time....remember the doc told me to stay indoors [:0] it was in the middle of lambing but before precious i think...can anyone out there remember or find it so i can see how long it has been...not that it will make any difference to how i feel but would be good to see how long it has been, i feel like i am always ill just lately!
i am absolutly peed off as i wanted to get so much done as hubby is away instead im am left here bloody lifeless and unhappy :(
i have taken sudafed for the congestion and cant take any other painkillers at the same time as they have panadol in them, i am not able to take anything wuth asprin in any was as i suffer from IBS and it will make it flair up.
Head is sore, ears are worse and my nose will not stop..its like a bloody tap!!
My friend checked me over and its not on my chest, which is great as it did get on there last time...
Anyone with home made remedies...i have had a hot lemon and honey drinks...
I have NO energy at all and have been in bed for 3 hours...got up as i have to but otherwise i would still be there...and that is NOT like me at all...[:(!][:(!][:(!]
I am so fed up... :(

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #229515 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Im ill again
Sorry Westies, you seem to have had a very tough year so far.... Here is the thread you wanted www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vforum/showthread.php?t=13655

Get better soon
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 8 months ago #229516 by Westermans
Replied by Westermans on topic Im ill again
Thank you Kate :) just under 3 months ago...im never sick but this year has been a tough one, you are right!
Back to bed for me....then up to get the teen from the station at 6.30....then bed again :(

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 8 months ago #229518 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Im ill again
What with all night vigils on lambs......what do you expect :(

Get to bed and stay there and get better. :D
Sorry don't have any remedies other than panadol, regular vit C and rest.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
13 years 8 months ago #229520 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Im ill again
This is the last thing you need - but just as well you're not in the UK!!! My daughter swears by a homeopathic stuff called Infudo but I've never used it. Usually sudafed does it for me with the addition of drixine nose drops or something like. So this is the time for your teens to be at their best for you and hopefully they will be even if you pay for it later! Just keep warm and rest!

• Toni - Northland
13 years 8 months ago #229521 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Im ill again
Slice up some onions and pour manuka honey on it and let the juices run out. Sip the juice. It is great if you have a sore throat or cough. Hubby has this flu now, I did tell him it was probably the Man Flu, but this time he is bloody crook. Hope I don't get it, I need to keep working at the moment.

More
13 years 8 months ago #229529 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Im ill again
fingers crossed for a quick recovery. I don't normally get sick but I've had the nasties recently - 3 weeks and I'm still not right. Do as I say not as I do and go to bed and stay there looking after yourself for a good few days :)

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 8 months ago #229534 by flyingfeathers
Replied by flyingfeathers on topic Im ill again
Could it be glandular fever ? Worth googling on the internet, I know it's a teen/twenties problem but I recently went down with it, and I'm 30.

It knocked me for six with hot and cold sweats and cold symptoms, on top of it all I have a viral infection of the liver so am off fatty foods, alcohol and drugs [}:)] The doctors ruled it out at first because of my age but then decided to test me, came out positive [:0] It's amazing how tired you feel with it, it took a huge effort for the first couple of weeks to get out of bed :o Now got three months off work to recover.

If not make sure you rest, I know very frustrating but it's obviously your body telling you to slow down and take things easy :)

7 acres in the wonderful South Wairarapa

More
13 years 8 months ago #229542 by Westermans
Funny you should mention Glanular feaver...i had that a while ago, got it from the teen :( I know it stays in your system...maybe it is that....all i bloody need...i am walking around like a bloody zombie!! warming up left overs for dinner then off to bed for a hour or 2 but HAVE to get up for the second aftermanth...is that what it was called...my brain aint working very well...
Onions nad manuka honey...erghhh....that sounds so horrid...but as mum used to say, if it is supposed to get you better it shoulnt taste good :) I have no honey, so will get some tomorrow if i am no better and give it a go.
Infudo..i wil look in my chemist and see if they have it....but i think if i am no better tomorrow, after havinig it for 3 days then i may go to the doc and get a once over...if i can manage to get out of my bed...as for the teens....one ws out all day the other tries to help but forgets and lays reading!!! lol...my eldest one is working all day tomorrow then out..the youngest one is off to a party in the evening...BLISS no one here..i will just veg on the sofa and watch tv and sleep...this is when iwant the house finished and a nice flat screen tv on my wall so i can snuggle in my bed and watch tv...something very 'im sick' about that...lol....
i know i have to rest but i just cant...i am always on the go...the kids just dont think like i do...i am always on automatic...so i JUST do things....they are like what do you want me to so and i am far too exhausted to reply!! I need to have a good chat to them i think...
Hubby is worried as he called last night when i was hardly able to speak...he jsut said 'get to bed and stay there till i get home' ...'im and so not in the mood for that'..i replied...lol....wasnt what he meant though ;) he has caught up with his family which is nice and some of mine too...we have presents coming back too :)

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 8 months ago #229623 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Im ill again
You can have many relapses from Glandular Fever. Its not just a teen/tweenty thing either, My eldest daughter now 23 got Glandular Fever really bad at age 8. She was a very sick girl who ended up having alot of time at school many Drs checkups as ended up with inflamed liver and spleen. Dr said she probably caught it from saliva from something like the jungle gym etc, she was very young to get it. she had many relapses over quite a few years untikl she was about 18. They can pick it up in a blood test but only if it is still in your system which we were told is about a month.

More
13 years 8 months ago #229625 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Im ill again
Westie ... if you are not feeling a bit better today get yourself off to the Doctor IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! If you can't drive (if my memory serves me) get that nice neighbour to give you a lift .... get there before the weekend!!!!
Hope you are feeling better now:):):)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 8 months ago #229629 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Im ill again
hope after a night's sleep you are feeling a little better. I had glandular fever in my late 40s so it si no respecter of age!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
13 years 8 months ago #229637 by Westermans
Feeling much better, not 100% but about 80% now...yesterday i thought i was going to die :)
I have got a car as hubby is in the UK, so getting to the docs is no problem, but i think i am over the worst now...eliane gave me a good check over and listened to my chest and assured me it wasnt on it...so that was all i wanted to know, my glads are little bit tender still but much better than they have been.
My eyes are running all the time and really sore and itchy...i take a anithistamine (SP) daily so allergy related is cancelled out, i think its just part and parcel of this cold!

www.westermans.co.nz

More
13 years 8 months ago #229645 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Im ill again
Probably you are a bit run down after a rough winter with the lambies and rotten weather and your Mum's health worry etc etc etc and so your immune system aint what it should be ... relax and spoil yourself during your *my time* while the teens are away and before hubby gets back:):):)
So glad you are feeling better today tho' go soak up some sun:)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
13 years 8 months ago #229874 by Westermans
WHOOOO all better...apart from a hacking cough but that i can deal with..its the nose that needed a tampon i couldnt deal with ;)
The sun is out and its wonderful been out and busy outside..so nice to see that huge shiney thing again...whooo....bring on summer :)
Last night i ws rough as ever, headache the lot...but had a few wines and that made it no better but no worse..at least i didnt care about the headache by then...and i was drining lots of water too... :)
Hubby in hong kong right now, he was sat on the sidewalk waiting for the hotel room to be ready..poor man was shattered...i told him to go lay on a sofa in the foyer and they would have a room ready in no time....lol...

www.westermans.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds