I am angry! %$#@#$$$#

More
13 years 8 months ago #14965 by Hestia
I am angry! %$#@#$$$# was created by Hestia
I was at the warehouse,,had two pairs of shoes that I was to buy.
One pair I had one shoe on and the other pair was sitting next to my own shoes.
The aisle is empty, no more customers and no more shoes on the floor except for "my" two pairs.
A warheouse employee comes up to me and asks if I am to buy them.
I say yes and wonder why she asks but I do not ask her why.
Then she says: Any shoes that you do not buy you put them back where you took them!do not leave them on the floor!

what the efffff?!?!
I asked her if she is my mother.
Tell her that I have changed my mind and that I am not to buy any shoes at all!

I walk away and put in a complaint.
I so wish that I had stopped for second or two and taken out some shoes from the shelfes to give her more work to do![}:)]
and if I and all customers did put things back she would not have a work!

I was so steaming angry.

Then I did my grocery shopping at countdown and after that I have paid I am pushing the trolley thru the narrow hole that the out-hole is after that they have set up those check point frames on each side.
When I am out thru the door with the trolley but still inside myself,,
Then a countdown employee push a doubble pram thru the door and push me and my troley backwards in!she is pushing it towards the steram and in thru the out door.
with force!
she tells me to let the pram in and push me faster backwards then I can walk and I have hubie behind me and can't reverse over him.
The count down person is pushing the double pram helping someone to access the shop since they can't get in thru the normal inhole with it.
She could have waited until I was out since I was to 90% out and not reversed me back in.she smash my trolley against the checkpoint frame and she push me backwards backwards in,back IN thru the door hole!

What a day,, why are people so rude and pushy??

better stay home rest of the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228425 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
You obviously are too Hestia. Who are you to have such a low opinion of the people working at the Warehouse and why the hell would you not put the shoes back that you had removed? I do without thinking about it. It is the way I was bought up and do not consider ANYONE my servant. As far as the pram issue goes - it is hard to visualise that happening and again all I can say is what is wrong with giving a big grin and helping in any way possible while thinking - Thank God I don't have to manage a double pram while shopping". Attitude Hestia - smile and the world smiles with you.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228426 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
low opinion?
I have no low opinion.
you do not approach a customer who is trying two pairs of shoes and ask them to put them back on the shelf.
I am trying the shoes and get told to put them back, two pairs.
I was not having 52 pairs out.
I hade one shoe on and was told to put them back after me.

I alwasy walk out and put hings back that I am trying, shoes or clothes but to get told to do it,,that is a totally diferent thing and while still trying them.

I am the one that works with service and does it with a a smile and would never approach a customer and ask them to clean up after them.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228429 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
I hate the shoe isle. It always stinks of rubbery chemical. I usually only ever buy gumboots there and to try and find a pair that isn't big enough for me to use as small boats is pretty darned next to impossible.

Not only is the smell often overwhelming, so is the mess left behind, dare I say it, by parents! Small shoes everywhere! The adults isles are not usually so bad but if there is a sale on, well it looks like there was an earthquake under those shelves.

I can imagine if I was one of the staff that had to clean up the mess, I wouldn't be happy. Matching up shoes that have been separated from their pair, sorting out sizes etc, especially if it has to be done several times in one shift.

People act like pigs around a feed trough in there. Things are broken and put back on the shelf, packages are opened and bits pinched so when you get the product home, essential bits are missing.

As for people with prams... I found when I took my friends baby out in the pram, people would smile at me and open doors, they'd pause for a quiet coo to themselves over the wee chap....
I have also found that the odd pram pusher can be a bit like an ice breaker, charging through because who the hell wants to get bashed in the ankles by a pram and if they do, they get a quick glance and a hollow apology.

In your case Hestia, I would have thought, if you were pretty much out the door, then maybe they could have waited a skinny minute and then had clear access to where they wanted to go. It's all give and take.

You've also got to deal with the 'jobs worths' and the 'little hitlers'.
Those who refuse to detour from their job description and those who receive an inkling of authority and it goes to their heads.

You just have to take those ones with a grain of salt.... or a bucketfull.[;)]

Yakut

More
13 years 8 months ago #228431 by mossrose
Replied by mossrose on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
I don't know writing about the warehouse etc is an appropriate post for the forums here. Aside from that - why let it make you angry? People will never behave the way you want them to all the time, and at the end of the day, none of it really matters, what matters is the way you respond to it. There are always going to be people who say and do stupid things, and the only thing that comes out of getting mad about it is an increased risk or stress, anxiety, depression and health problems like cardiovascular disease. You never know what's going on in people's lives either - maybe they've had some bad news, maybe something awful has happened and they've responded in a certain way, maybe they'vre just had enough of their low-paid job, surely there have been times in your life when you've done or said something you've regretted later. All in all, those people are probably having a good day now and forgot about you the second you dropped out of sight, so why keep ruining your day by thinking about it and getting angry at them?

More
13 years 8 months ago #228442 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
Hiesta mate. I know you have SO much going on in your life. True people can be complete tossers, and like us all it depends on what kind of day someone is having as to how they react. I agree with the trolly verses pram thing, like Yakut says if you were nearly out then surely the pram pusher culd have waited. Mate put it down to one of those days.:)
Mossrose, your comment about maybe Hestia shouldn't have posted about the Warehouse etc as it may not be appropriate for these forums here. well Hestia has posted in the OT part of the forum so therefore it was the appropriate place to post something like this. I am sure if you read the headings of the posts in the OT forum the subjects are varied and many, thats why the OT part of the forum was invented thanks to our webb Godess Kate.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228461 by The Kats Place
Well my dear, the lady at the warehouse sounds like she was having an even worst day that you[;)] and it must be so hard for hubby to go on a shopping trip with you right now too. I'm sorry to hear it was spoilt.
As for the supermarket, pehaps you could have asked the lady 'was she lost? she was going in the wrong door?'
What happened to the customer is always right? I hate shopping[:(!]

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 8 months ago #228470 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
Cripes, if an employee of any shop had said that to me WHILE I WAS STILL TRYING ON THE SHOES I would have spat tacks! How dare she? [:(!]

This is from someone who used to work every single holiday for about 5 years in a shoe shop, and it was our job to do this, not the customer, no matter how many shoes were taken out. Main reason why? If there are a few pairs out, the high chances of customer mispairing them going back on the shelf is a right pain to sort out later...if we had ever spoken to a staff member like that, or made that sort of comment, we'd have been out on our ear and jobless. And the chain I worked at was (and is) a cut price family shoe shop, so there were no airs and graces...

Customer service has gone out the window, door and every other opening...:(

As for Countdown...the person who is mostly out the door has right of way to finish getting out, in my book.

Hestia, am with you all the way on this one. I am really sick of discourteous shop staff when I haven't done anything to deserve it. Its happening more and more. I encountered similar attitudes during my fun trip with Air NZ recently, and it really gets up my nose, especially when you try to be pleasant with people you meet...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 8 months ago #228471 by sod
Replied by sod on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
Hestie I know how you feel there was a time when shop assistants treated customers with respect as we were told too, when I did it. Now we are just a pain to them.To prove a point I like you would leave without buying an I wouldn't go back as has happened:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
13 years 8 months ago #228479 by reggit

sod;204382 wrote: To prove a point I like you would leave without buying an I wouldn't go back as has happened:D

And I would let the management know why [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
13 years 8 months ago #228504 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
Ok Hestia, I just feel like I have to jump in on this one. I work at the Ware Whare as nightfull. I have had my own issues with management there so can see somewhat where you are coming from, BUT, we are mean't to be putting goods on the shelves for people to buy the next day. MOST of our time is spent putting stuff back that people have left out or on the floor. I am glad I don't work in the shoe department permantly. Every shift the shoe ladies tell me that they have found another pair of old shoes and someone has walked out with a brand new pair on. And, the MESS is unbelievable. I work one hour in the shop while it is open, today it will be 5 hours. The amount of rude customers I get is sad. Most of them are nice and we try to help them find what they want, but then you get the ones that come in with their outside voices and demand that one serves them. Our whole team spent one night putting shoes back, meanwhile our own work wasn't getting done. We were told to do this. I can't believe that there weren't any other shoes out that day either Hestia. There are ALWAYS shoes all over the floor. I worked one Saturday daytime shift and spent the whole day recovering. I did do the shoe aisles and had no sooner got to the end and you wouldn't have even noticed I had picked them all up. I also find CD and DVD cases with their discs taken out and the covers hidden amongst the stationery, toys whatever. There are other ways that things are stolen too, so it does get to you. There are many things we have to deal with and this lady probably had a bad customer day. We only have one side so would love to hear her side as well, but we won't get to. Since I have worked there I always put things back in shops more than I used to and I also find myself doing recovery when I shop in the Ware Whares now, in our own shop and others. Hubby tells me off as he reckons I'm not at work now.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228511 by reggit
Toni, I know how inconsiderate some people can be in shops...but to treat a customer who hasn't been is unacceptable, no matter how bad your day has been. Unfortunately its become a bit of a catch-all ('I'm having problems in my personal life therefore at my work I'm entitled to pass that on to all my colleagues/customers') which I find appalling.

On the other hand, I have no problems at all with staff who refuse to deal with rude customers, or who call them back into line politely, but there are good ways of doing that and bad ways.

I used to have to deal with heaps of very aggro and rude 'client's in my work with local government. There was no problem warning them if they were being abusive that I would finish the conversation/hang up on them, but it was always done politely. If I had ever been rude to them back I would have lost my job. The equivalent in Hestia's case would have been me saying to someone, straight after they had said hello, 'now, you just make sure you're not rude to me during this visit/conversation' [:0]:( imagine how that would have gone down!!

More
13 years 8 months ago #228513 by kate
Replied by kate on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
It would be so much nicer for staff if the shops didn't open at all, then those nasty customers couldn't mess things up for the staff... [}:)] I am another one who is sick and tired of shop staff treating customers badly. I get peeved when I give way to someone wheeling stock through the shop (because staff NEVER give way to customers) and don't even get a glance, never mind a 'thank you'. I've managed shops in Brighton and in London and everyone I worked with knew that curtesy to customers was a basic requirement of the job.

Hestia, I would have walked out too. If that is how they treat genuinue customers who are about to spend their hard earned money, then they'll end up with just the kind of customers that they deserve...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
13 years 8 months ago #228517 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
I have to say that I have never had good service in the Warehouse. Seems you get what you pay for and at the red shed the service is cheap and nasty - honestly Hestia you were lucky to actually find a staff member! Have to say though that their attitude to customers promotes the same attitude in shoppers. Retail is a service industry after all. I just avoid the place like the plague now!

More
13 years 8 months ago #228521 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic I am angry! %$#@#$$$#
quote oskatd: honestly Hestia you were lucky to actually find a staff member!

I didn't find her she found me LOL

I guess I do as last time I bought shoes,,salvation army!
Nearest shoe shop around here.
I so like sallies,,one of the charity organisations that have help that really helps!
Whenever I see them I donate money and hand in my own stuff that I do not need,,and buy something sometimes :)

last pair of shoes costed 2-3 dollars and excellent people in the shop :)

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds