Ground floor nest

More
15 years 6 months ago #14828 by Ghilly
Ground floor nest was created by Ghilly
While I was out in the back paddock, I noticed a clump of something in one of the small pine trees I planted. The electric fence cuts off access to the tree so getting a good look at the clump was a bit of a stretch and see mission.

It was a nest! All of about 2 foot from the ground, like I said, it's only a small tree. I moved around a bit more to get another angle of vision and saw a Thrush sitting with it's head back on its 'shoulders' and it's beak up in the air.
Obviously sitting on eggs.

Not the best apartment in town, being so low to the ground and I mentioned this to the occupant before quietly moving off.

What with the goats all acting like young kids, leaping about and flinging their heels high (even Artemis managed to frolick and actually had all four hooves off the ground for a brief second while she had a jolly good kick about) and now this 'Basement Bedsit' in the pine tree, Spring must really be Springing.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #226695 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Ground floor nest
Isn't it neat to know Spring is springing and all the animals and birds are loving it and feeling great. I hope Mum is ok being so low to the ground. Maybe she doesn't like heights lol:)

More
15 years 6 months ago #226700 by lea
Replied by lea on topic Ground floor nest
Tell it to our poor goose who is sitting on eggs in her box while the goat kids are springing all around on and off the box lol.

Living on our 5 acres of land. Busy fencing and planting. Have dogs, cats and chickens. We also have cattle, sheep, goats, and geese.
Full-time working + plus full-time on the block. [|)]

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds