Hypothyroidism and drugs

More
13 years 9 months ago #230813 by granny56r
Replied by granny56r on topic Hypothyroidism and drugs
RaeM
If you feel good on the T4...stay with what your'e on.
I had wanted to go on the Whole Thyroid for past couple of years and this problem gave me the impetus to talk to my GP about it. He wrote the script which I sent to Auckland and they posted them back.

Cheers

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
DOUGLAS ADAMS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #230826 by RaeM
Replied by RaeM on topic Hypothyroidism and drugs
Thanks, I have been watching the comments on Trademe general, and also the Thryoid web site, and its all very interesting, as you dont know what things are doing to you until something like this comes around. I am taking vitamin tablets as well, one called Formula IV that GNLD do and I also think that helps my energy levels. Plus of course Omega3, and I am sure they all help.

RaeM

More
13 years 9 months ago #230876 by Dream Weaver
I read an interesting article on a link from another webb site. Looks like anyone on thyroid meds shlould stay away from anything soy to, apparrently it blocks the thyroid meds from working. This woman now does not eat bread from the supermarket, she makes her own. she went to her supermarket and looked at every loaf of bread and there wasn't 1 that didn't contain soy in some form. Scarey stuff.
www.westonaprice.org/soy/complaints.html

3rd story down is a NZ woman story

More
13 years 9 months ago #230892 by RaeM
Really intersting stories, and it makes you think, and maybe I will dig the breadmaker out of the cupboard and start making our bread again. thanks for that Smilie.

RaeM

More
13 years 9 months ago #232174 by RaeM
I went to the chemist yesterday to pick up balance of the rest of the Synthroid tablets that he did not have last week, and he hands me a packet of Goldshield, as he did not have any more Synthroid, so after 10 days I am onto Goldshield, so its going to be interesting changing medicines after 6 weeks. He also siad that Goldshield will be subsidized after the 1st of November, so I guess thats good news for everyone. I am wondering what all this changing medicines is going to do to me?

RaeM

More
13 years 9 months ago #232186 by Dream Weaver
I have heard from some that the Goldsheild is pretty good. And if its going to be subsidized then thats good news to. Heres hoping the change wont cause any upsets or side effects. Let us know how you go.

More
13 years 9 months ago #232226 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Hypothyroidism and drugs
Most people are allright when they change brand. Goldshield is excellent - I've been on it since last January with a short time inbetween when my chemist was only able to get Almus.

I've also been on Goldshield Tertroxin for a few years now and NEVER had a problem. I've always had problems on and off with Glaxo, even on the old formulation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #232566 by RaeM
Gold shield is going to be subsidised from 1st November, so the TV news said at lunchtime. Yahoo! so I will not have to keep paying big $$s for my perscriptions.

RaeM

More
13 years 9 months ago #232575 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Hypothyroidism and drugs
:) :) :) :) :) Yippie :) :) :) :) :)

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds