Carbon emissions

More
15 years 5 months ago #14743 by PRU2
Carbon emissions was created by PRU2
Been a few articles lately about meetings being held re: the "new" act relating to carbon emmissions [}:)] and what the farmers are likely to be paying for their animals farts[:I]

I been thinking as I occassionally do :o, and am curious as to who will be responsible for the emissions from our "wild/feral" animals whom I assume also fart [:I]. Cause I think it is a bit unfair that, for example, the cows on one side of the fence are responsible and the ones living freeee aren't.
Are deer farmers going to be hit in the pocket too, and if so then the hunters should be paying for the farts of a deer they shoot and should be calculated on its "points", age. $$$ per year. What about possum farts they eat greens too...........

This whole thing is a crock of Shite really [:0]:rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

Food for thought, and be happy passin wind, cause if you don't you'll die. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #225830 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Carbon emissions
PRU2
what painful n messyway too go:D

I agree with you as so many things we are told and have dumped on us:(

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 5 months ago #225832 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Carbon emissions
Isn't it ruminants in particular who are a problem with methane...?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Jack
15 years 5 months ago #225834 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Carbon emissions
Gidday

It's all a load of crap.

They say the land should be in trees, but in trees you have decomposition going on all the time and the gas emmitted from decomposition is methane, the same as a bulls fart.

If you farm right you will build up more carbon in your soil so even with your bull's fart you will still be reducing atmosphere carbon. It's call the carbon cycle. Simple old science.

When are these greenie buggers ever going to get some sense, or is that just too much to ask for.

More
15 years 5 months ago #225856 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Carbon emissions
All too hard for us too. We bought a property with young trees for our superannuation, nearly 10 years later we find someone wants to sell CC's but not give us any who are producing the CC's.... Govt seems to be still in talks. Yet we cannot (or supposed not) to chop down what we have, or let it fall down, or harvest appropriately for our wrongly planted land.

Yep I get the updates (many thanks to the LSB'r who linked us to them) but it seems still 'pie in the sky' type stuff. Why aren't the city folk who drive here, there and everywhere also affected?

Why worry about burping and farting animals? Seems a bit picky in the wrong direction, to me.:rolleyes:

More
15 years 5 months ago #225866 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Carbon emissions
swaggie, the city people are going to pay about 20c per liter extra to drive ..... as are we .....
This terribly poorly researched science should be an election issue. It's a pity that no-one is brave enough. I am certain that we have a worldwide problem with wastage. I am not certain that there is a climate change occuring, or that if there is that it is caused by humans. The amount of greenhouse gasses produced by a normal West Coast thunder storm produce heaps more greenhouse gasses than all the ruminants in NZ.
Ah ha, I've got it...... All the CC taxes are going to be used to build some lightning power harvesters. What a fantastic idea. I wonder which political parties policy that is .....

More
15 years 5 months ago #225878 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Carbon emissions
LR I agree with the wastage issue. We were watching a programme over the weekend about the starving 'masses' (not meaning to be sarcastic) and then you hear of various farmers, esp. in europe paid to plough their crops back into the ground, relatively recently Aussie red growers were the same.

All seems upside down. Top it off, (and a tad ot) I received an email today showing, or reportedly showing, the inside of Pres. Mugabe's 'home'. Far out, said I.

Haven't heard any bizzo about the 20 c per litre issue though, welcome any info on that little gem. Sounds just as well we are importing into NZ a dedicated LPG car next week or so.

• Jack
15 years 5 months ago #225879 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Carbon emissions
Gidday

Well you know the strangest and most terrifying thing about all this.

I am agreeing with LongRidge. Wow. What next.

But what puzzles me is the price of wool.

Why can you by bloody plastic clothing made in China out of petrolium for a fraction of the price of woolen clothing which is made from a renewable natural living source that actually reduces atmospheric carbon when farmed properly?

More
15 years 5 months ago #225911 by PRU2
Replied by PRU2 on topic Carbon emissions
What really annoys me is that for the CC,s to work and be fair, every country needs to get behind it, "Yeah Right".[:(!] NZ is going to either price itself off the market or farmers will walk off the land. They are talking thousands of dollars here, a straight up cost to joe farmer.[}:)]

There is no Hard "scientific evidence" :rolleyes:(except for thousands of years of evolution and changes in climate, they need to wake up and look further back that just the inconclusive hundred or so years of weather pattern recording they have got) look at all the $$$$ gone into health research, and the Gods at the top won't approve the use of anything until there are years of sound "scientic proof" to say it is safe.

Yeap CC's is everything they are all cracked up to be, hot air and wind. And no use to any Body......... hehehe :D :D

Yeap LR has hit right on, "poorly researched".
Does anyone know where at govt level all these millions of $ generated are going.

And Jack did you see that thing on sixty minutes the other night about where all the plastic goes to China and they import the whole bottles, illegally. Tonnes of it from all round the world and the Chinese govt don't (want to)know ........

More
15 years 5 months ago #225990 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Carbon emissions
Pru2 you have hit on the problem that I wonder about. In fact I'd go so far as to say that I think putting CCs on a market is simply to create money out of nothing. Like many others here I try to do things as 'green' as possible but cannot believe in the value of this system.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds