Classic Cars

More
15 years 8 months ago #224306 by bev
Replied by bev on topic Classic Cars
A classic car to me is something that is very rare to see on the roads, that is Orginal. We own a 83 WB holden kingswood ute, orignal 3.3 motor, 3 gear colum change,
To see them with a V8 in them and the original box, to me they are just a car.
We also have a 78 XA Falcon here, orignal V8 motor in it. Dont worry Smilie, Craig is just restoring it!!!!
But i tell ya, getting orignal parts for classic cars is hard and very costly.
Im sure we got told it was 25, or that might have been the insurance.

Anyone local going to the 'Aroha Cruise In?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #224332 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Classic Cars
Ha ha good to hear Bev. The old Kingswoods were cool cars. We hired 3 of them for our wedding cars over 30 years ago now (OMG!!!) thats a long time, which makes me a "Classic" I think:)

More
15 years 8 months ago #224333 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Classic Cars
We bought an old Holden Belmont (like the Kingswood but earlier?) in Sydney and drove it around Australia then sold it back to the same people when we got back to Sydney. We loved it, bench seats, column shift etc. It was a station wagon and I made curtains for the back so we could sleep in it :D :D

Ah, memories...

Web Goddess

More
15 years 8 months ago #224340 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Classic Cars
Holdens till the Commy were good Falcons till after xf loved both but we have xf Fairmont ghia police chipped on rebuild and 2 Valiants all as they came out but have to drive japas :( Mitzys HA HA till finished old assie utes love them:):)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
15 years 8 months ago #224341 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Classic Cars

Hestia;199789 wrote: The only japanese car in my opinion that came close to being a classic car was datsun 240z.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Does the Fairlady 280Z count? ;) I have a 1978 (First year of production) in the hayshed now, bought as a half completed project car with a V8 exhaust and some other modifications... now I need the motor :D

My post was aimed at car clubs and road/track racing classes, these will be quite different from LTSA's age bands.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 8 months ago #224375 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic Classic Cars
to be honest it was hubbie that said that,, me,,I come from barceeelooona (manuel in fawlty towers) I know nothing,,about cars unless it is fomoco or mb or volvo (volvo, used to work there)
Volvo has no classics,, but I do like their old station wagon the duett or the old PV,,maybe their p1800 is a classic? used by James Bond once.and also,,you will hate me now :)there is a difference between rare and classic.

• maggies mum
15 years 8 months ago #224384 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Classic Cars
Ok forget all this!

Ronney!! Yoo hoo! Wot colour is it luv! ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #224402 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Classic Cars
It would have to be red. Red ones go faster :D

More
15 years 8 months ago #224413 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Classic Cars
My first car was a Triumph Herald 13/60 Wedgewood blue. Whe I first got her, she was actually a Tpiumph cos the little leg on the R had fallen off. I new a new one and restored her to a Triumph. She was a great little car. I think she was 1968. I got from Christchurch to Selwyn Hutts on two cylinders, three people in her and all the gear for a weekend at a bach. There was smoke pouring out of the gear box but we made it there and back. The engine was later redone, cylinders bored out and stuff. My Dad took the engine out, had the work done and then put it back in again. There were boxes and lids all over the garage with the bits in them so he knew what bit went where.

Brilliant car. I was really sad to have to sell her but she was starting to cost more and more to keep going, rust mainly. Her name was Tracy.

Yakut

More
15 years 8 months ago #224419 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Classic Cars

Ronney;199174 wrote: ...Hestia, maybe I'm tired but I'm not into unhelpful POS posts at the moment. ...

I'm so tired I can't even think what POS is, other than Point of Sale. [?]

More
15 years 8 months ago #224427 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic Classic Cars

Prim;199910 wrote: It would have to be red. Red ones go faster :D

my car was black and gold when out from factory.a naughty person had it painted it red and black.It was red and black when I bought it.It is now black and gold as it should be originally.It is faster when black and gold!I call myself expert in this area! :)(I can't space text when at this pc- even though I use advanced,,dunno why)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds